Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BlackChaos interviews Ace, SF's Top Poster
[Image: interviewsheader.png]

Warning. Lots of words.

BlackChaos: Thanks for letting me interview you Ace. So, tell us. What made you join Support Forums?

Ace: Originally it was the support feather, but I didn't spam for it like most do now, and I also had intentions of becoming a regular member on the forum anyway. Especially after I seen that the members here seemed to have more initiative to offer support whenever it was needed. The community here is good, and I believe as a collective group it consists of more knowledgeable people then what you'd find on most forums.

BlackChaos: I had a similar start. So, now you're the forum's top poster. Did you expect yourself to reach such a high position when you first joined?

Ace: Not really, but at the rate I post, and for how much I type in a day, I knew i'd be getting close at some point. You can look at most of my posts, and i'm pretty sure the majority of members don't even bother reading all of it because of how overwhelming some of my walls of posts are lol. I've usually got a lot to say. But every time I see an interesting thread or someone requesting help in a thread, i'm usually willing to post in an attempt to help out. I also usually have lots of stuff to share. Haven't really written a tutorial in a while, but it's been a variety of other things instead lately. Programs, Scripts, Music, Videos, Graphics, Informational threads, etc.

If I had something to log all that I typed out in a day, i'd probably average around 5000 words or more per day in typed out junk.

BlackChaos: Uh huh. Okay. I didn't read that because its way too big, but I got the main gist of it.
Just kidding. I always prefer reading longer posts with more insight then one-liners. Have you ever experienced frustration while browsing the forum?

Ace: Not sure what you mean by frustration, but the interview must go on I guess. Only time i've had frustration is with this trigger filter and cloudflare when Omni had all that going. And my internet if something was blocking me from connecting.

I post a lot of code on this site, and for some reason that filter recognizes the code as dangerous or spam or something, and I have to input a captcha to send my message in successfully. Only those who have seen the "triggered" spam filter will know what i'm talking about.

BlackChaos: Yes, I've been a victim to the dreaded CloudFlare page as well. Once when I was posting a forum template.
So, forum experiences aside, what do you do for a living?

Ace: For a brief outline i've been in the following career paths:
  • Firefighter
  • Database Programmer
  • Software Engineer
  • Webmaster/ Programmer

But right now i'm just a webmaster, and a partial computer technician/programmer. I can do some of my older work and get paid for extra things still. I've got lots of jobs from time to time here and there. But the main focus for me is in real estate so far. I've got a half a million invested into a condo/suite in mexico that I bought, and i'm planning on getting it rented. Found out about it through a Financial seminar that cost me a $6000 entrance membership to get in. It's still being built, but should be finished sometime by the end of this year. I also have another condo that I just bought in my local hometown that I invested into with another guy, and we're working on getting that one sold soon. I own 3 houses, because I recently inherited one from my mom that passed away a couple years ago. Lots of investments, but not a lot of "free" money for me right now because it's all locked up in materialized goods lol.

BlackChaos: So, you're a rich guy with no money. Makes sense lol.
What are you up to in your free time when you're not taking the real estate world by storm?

Ace: Basically whatever anyone else does with their free time lol. Enjoy it. I play sports, I go swimming, plan vacations, learn things on my computer, make music in FL studio and Ableton, create graphics and video effects. Whenever i'm just in the mood for relaxing I love spending time with my girlfriend, she means a lot to me. I'll usually look forward to the end of the week where we plan to go out and do something fun, and we both enjoy it. The world can be a busy place if you don't take the time to sit aside and actually enjoy life. That's where people drag themselves into stress and depression in most cases.

BlackChaos: Wise words Ace. Wise words.
You recently released a program called Ace Total Cleaner, which was brilliant. Any other projects you're working on?

Ace: Not a program, it's more of a script lol, but as for other projects i'm working on, I have a couple. And I also have a few that are left unfinished. Still have lots of work to get my Notepad application ready, and I started a coding contest for a duplicate file finder on my forum that only a couple people have managed to finish. I think I got distracted with my RoboBackup application while I was doing that one, and I haven't really touched that project since. Aside from programming I have websites, and music tracks on the go as well, graphics are in that list of to do's as well.

BlackChaos: RoboBackup sounds interesting. Now we'll have something to look forward to. Smile
Well, I guess we've almost reached the thread's word limit lol. Any final shout outs before we wrap up this interview?

Ace: Oh no lol, RoboBackup was already finished and posted on the site though. You'll find it if you search for it in my threads. Not much else to say, thanks for the interview Smile

BlackChaos: Woah. You turn around for a few minutes and you're already up to more evil. Omg
Thank you for letting me host this interview. The pleasure was all mine Ace.

Previous interviews:
BlackChaos interviews Fragma, GFX Elite
BlackChaos interviews Sam, Current Staff Member
Glad to see members still post HQ stuff on this forum.

Was a really epic interview, I asked Ace the first question when I first got my 10 posts. Tongue
(07-21-2011, 04:12 AM)Bad Meets Evil Wrote: Glad to see members still post HQ stuff on this forum.

Was a really epic interview, I asked Ace the first question when I first got my 10 posts. Tongue

Ace is a great guy lol. And he posts HQ like his life depends on it. Oui
(07-21-2011, 04:17 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Ace is a great guy lol. And he posts HQ like his life depends on it. Oui
I know. When you can type 2 words to help someone, he types 2 paragraphs. Tongue
Great interview, nicely presented looking forward to reading more interviews.
To re-answer the last question:

RoboBackup: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=20320
You sure do have a lot to say Ace. Smile
One interview just can't cover it all.
You should have given me a list of quesions, so that I could reply in my own thread with all my answers lol, all those PM's take time.
(07-26-2011, 04:04 PM)Ace Wrote: You should have given me a list of quesions, so that I could reply in my own thread with all my answers lol, all those PM's take time.

True, but thats half the fun isn't it? Oui
Please don't start this crap...keep it on HF.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's a LQ poster? Chelloa 9 1,124 12-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Alside
  BlackChaos interviews Fragma, GFX Elites Leader BlackChaos 10 1,387 07-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  BlackChaos interviews Sam, Current Staff Member BlackChaos 25 2,921 07-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Mayhem
  Top Poster of the Day Xenion 3 794 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Last Post: BETA_mybb_import3230