Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up mybb using cpanel (x10 free hosting)
So i tried setting up mybb using http://www.000webhost.com/ but i couldn't figure it out. It was way to complicating.And i heard 000webhost is a scam + shared Servers.

So anyways i found a host called x10 hosting which has a cpanel. Could someone make a tutorial step by step with pics on how to set up a mybb forum using x10 hosting? It'd be so awesome <333 Thanks.

Or even send me a link to a good tutorial. thanks...

i tried following this video

But it didn't work. I have no idea where he uploaded the files too.

When i click on file manager in my cpannel i get more than one option on where to upload the files

[Image: homeb.gif] Home Directory

[Image: publichtml.png]Web Root (public_html/www)

[Image: publicftp.png]Public FTP Root (public_ftp)

[Image: dirselection.png]Document Root for:

Someone please guide me through this [Image: 1762566794.png]
(07-14-2011, 01:41 PM)Unify Wrote: So i tried setting up mybb using http://www.000webhost.com/ but i couldn't figure it out. It was way to complicating.And i heard 000webhost is a scam + shared Servers.

So anyways i found a host called x10 hosting which has a cpanel. Could someone make a tutorial step by step with pics on how to set up a mybb forum using x10 hosting? It'd be so awesome <333 Thanks.

Or even send me a link to a good tutorial. thanks...

i tried following this video

But it didn't work. I have no idea where he uploaded the files too.

When i click on file manager in my cpannel i get more than one option on where to upload the files

[Image: homeb.gif] Home Directory

[Image: publichtml.png]Web Root (public_html/www)

[Image: publicftp.png]Public FTP Root (public_ftp)

[Image: dirselection.png]Document Root for:

Someone please guide me through this [Image: 1762566794.png]
I can do it on teamviewer with you if you would like.
(07-14-2011, 02:42 PM)Don Corleone Wrote: I can do it on teamviewer with you if you would like.

I finally got my forum to work.. working on it now. I asked help at the officall mybb forum and at hackforums and everyone helped me a lil bit Smile i got it to work..
(07-14-2011, 04:10 PM)Unify Wrote: I finally got my forum to work.. working on it now. I asked help at the officall mybb forum and at hackforums and everyone helped me a lil bit Smile i got it to work..
Make sure you create backups via the cpanel daily in case something goes wrong. Another thing to do with MyBB is go to admincp->system health-> and then go to "Optimize Database" and then click "Select All" then click "Optimize Tables". Do this on a regular basis as it will help improve your forums performance.
(07-14-2011, 04:14 PM)Don Corleone Wrote: Make sure you create backups via the cpanel daily in case something goes wrong. Another thing to do with MyBB is go to admincp->system health-> and then go to "Optimize Database" and then click "Select All" then click "Optimize Tables". Do this on a regular basis as it will help improve your forums performance.

Ok thanks..lol this will help a lot as i'm still very new with mybb.. getting used to it though.
If you are still having problems, PM me I can help.
[Image: GFx11-1.png]
Test out 365-hosting, really good free hosting, otherwise try out hostgator if you wanna pay for unlimited. This is awesome. Thanks for the tut.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machete - Free Sexy MyBB Theme from MySkins Studio envira 2 2,063 09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: envira
  [Free] Browney - sexy Brownish mybb theme envira 18 2,738 07-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Last Post: envira
  Where's a good place to get a large smiley set? RPicard 17 2,594 07-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: VIRUZ™
  Vote MyBB for the best free forum software! Glas 34 4,487 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,907 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays