Support Forums

Full Version: How to set up mybb using cpanel (x10 free hosting)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i tried setting up mybb using http://www.000webhost.com/ but i couldn't figure it out. It was way to complicating.And i heard 000webhost is a scam + shared Servers.

So anyways i found a host called x10 hosting which has a cpanel. Could someone make a tutorial step by step with pics on how to set up a mybb forum using x10 hosting? It'd be so awesome <333 Thanks.

Or even send me a link to a good tutorial. thanks...

i tried following this video

But it didn't work. I have no idea where he uploaded the files too.

When i click on file manager in my cpannel i get more than one option on where to upload the files

[Image: homeb.gif] Home Directory

[Image: publichtml.png]Web Root (public_html/www)

[Image: publicftp.png]Public FTP Root (public_ftp)

[Image: dirselection.png]Document Root for:

Someone please guide me through this [Image: 1762566794.png]
(07-14-2011, 01:41 PM)Unify Wrote: [ -> ]So i tried setting up mybb using http://www.000webhost.com/ but i couldn't figure it out. It was way to complicating.And i heard 000webhost is a scam + shared Servers.

So anyways i found a host called x10 hosting which has a cpanel. Could someone make a tutorial step by step with pics on how to set up a mybb forum using x10 hosting? It'd be so awesome <333 Thanks.

Or even send me a link to a good tutorial. thanks...

i tried following this video

But it didn't work. I have no idea where he uploaded the files too.

When i click on file manager in my cpannel i get more than one option on where to upload the files

[Image: homeb.gif] Home Directory

[Image: publichtml.png]Web Root (public_html/www)

[Image: publicftp.png]Public FTP Root (public_ftp)

[Image: dirselection.png]Document Root for:

Someone please guide me through this [Image: 1762566794.png]
I can do it on teamviewer with you if you would like.
(07-14-2011, 02:42 PM)Don Corleone Wrote: [ -> ]I can do it on teamviewer with you if you would like.

I finally got my forum to work.. working on it now. I asked help at the officall mybb forum and at hackforums and everyone helped me a lil bit Smile i got it to work..
(07-14-2011, 04:10 PM)Unify Wrote: [ -> ]I finally got my forum to work.. working on it now. I asked help at the officall mybb forum and at hackforums and everyone helped me a lil bit Smile i got it to work..
Make sure you create backups via the cpanel daily in case something goes wrong. Another thing to do with MyBB is go to admincp->system health-> and then go to "Optimize Database" and then click "Select All" then click "Optimize Tables". Do this on a regular basis as it will help improve your forums performance.
(07-14-2011, 04:14 PM)Don Corleone Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you create backups via the cpanel daily in case something goes wrong. Another thing to do with MyBB is go to admincp->system health-> and then go to "Optimize Database" and then click "Select All" then click "Optimize Tables". Do this on a regular basis as it will help improve your forums performance.

Ok thanks..lol this will help a lot as i'm still very new with mybb.. getting used to it though.
If you are still having problems, PM me I can help.
Test out 365-hosting, really good free hosting, otherwise try out hostgator if you wanna pay for unlimited. This is awesome. Thanks for the tut.