Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Country Flags
(07-15-2011, 12:24 PM)bckc Wrote: Why? What are the benefits of it? This is a support site, if someone is offering help or support or asking for help or support why does it matter where they come from?

Again this is unnecesary.

It'd be a neat feature for a support site, a small (like 12x12) little flag letting people know what country said person is from. I agree.

(07-17-2011, 07:47 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: It would lead to unnecessary passive discrimination of users. And not many would use the feature in the first place, prefering to remain anonymous as much as possible.
I, for one, think anonymity is a mirage. But not all would agree.

"It would lead to unnecessary passive discrimination of users." No it wouldn't.

"And not many would use the feature in the first place, prefering to remain anonymous as much as possible." Believe it or not...if you leave Hack Forums you will realize most people don't care about their "online anonymity" especially when it comes to your country..

"I, for one, think anonymity is a mirage. But not all would agree." Ok..

(07-19-2011, 02:26 PM)Laugh Wrote: "It would lead to unnecessary passive discrimination of users." No it wouldn't.

Alright, maybe it wouldn't. Smile

(07-19-2011, 02:26 PM)Laugh Wrote: "And not many would use the feature in the first place, preferring to remain anonymous as much as possible." Believe it or not...if you leave Hack Forums you will realize most people don't care about their "online anonymity" especially when it comes to your country..

Neither do I, but you do realize that more than half of the members here are from Hack Forums and care very little about updating their profile information to legitimate values. Sleep
That's what I meant by "not many would use the feature in the first place".
I agree and disagree my first point is that if it was implemented that it should be something you could activate or deactivate because some members would not like their country being shown for some reasons, my other point is that its not really necessary as nobody needs to really see where you're from.
This sounds like a good Idea, don't know tho.