Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DDOS Prevention
Most offshore hosts have built in ddos protection now a days.
(07-18-2011, 03:15 PM)Diabolic Wrote: Most offshore hosts have built in ddos protection now a days.

But where's a legit site that offers that?
Legitimate Marketer | Exchanger | Middle Man | RAT Expert
I believe you can purchase a DDoS protection package of some sort from your host provider.
You can purchase a hardware firewall from the datacenter if you rent a dedi, it's usually $50+/month

Use google to search for a ddos protected host. Most companies just have software firewalls like CSF.
Purchase a good host firewall or use hosting
that provides maximum DDoS protection
By DDoS protected hosting, they cost a bit more but is worth it.
Omni posted a thread on this if you are willing to use the search function on the forum
(08-05-2011, 08:22 PM)Ace Wrote: Omni posted a thread on this if you are willing to use the search function on the forum

o_O

I may have to check this out myself. Huh

It could come in handy sometime.
(08-05-2011, 07:55 PM)BreShiE Wrote: By DDoS protected hosting, they cost a bit more but is worth it.

Yes, I would say its 100% worth it Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(07-08-2011, 05:31 PM)mcdl Wrote: From what I know all that does it stop some attacks and keep your webpage in their cache if your web server goes down.

What I'm looking for is how to monitor the connections from shh. Straight on the webserver not though the site.

I want to:
See the connections
Know what to spot if I'm getting DDOS
Prevent it as much as I can.

I have a script that sorts that stuff out but i would think the best technique is straight from shh.

"From what I know all that does it stop some attacks and keep your webpage in their cache if your web server goes down. "

This is correct. While CloudFlare can help mitigate some DDoS attacks, I do need to advise that we're not a full DDoS solution. If the attack gets too big, or if it starts to impact other customers at all, we will go direct to your server during the attack.

There are, however, some cool things you can do in Threat Control to start blocking/challenging IPs during an attack.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breakdown of DDOS Attack Prevention Omniscient 62 14,655 10-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Last Post: westbrook