Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPod Touch, Should I Buy?
$400? Where the hell are you buying your ipod? lol
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-21-2009, 06:10 PM)-NitroX Wrote: I got a shitty carrier that doesn't have it. The only reason I don't have T-Mo of Verizon is they don't pick up where I live.
=[

Thats why you unlock it! I've got an American iPhone locked to AT&T, yet I'm using optus as my provider!

To be honest, once you get over the novelty of having the device, you barely use it! If mine was an iPod, I doubt I would still carry it around.

If you really wanna get one, I reckon you should get an iPhone and just unlock it!
(10-22-2009, 06:24 PM)Extasey Wrote: Thats why you unlock it! I've got an American iPhone locked to AT&T, yet I'm using optus as my provider!

To be honest, once you get over the novelty of having the device, you barely use it! If mine was an iPod, I doubt I would still carry it around.

If you really wanna get one, I reckon you should get an iPhone and just unlock it!

What he says is true, it just becomes something to show off to your friends unless you like to hit the gym/go for jogs and use it to listen to music like me with my iPod Classic.
(10-22-2009, 07:55 PM)InsideSin Wrote: What he says is true, it just becomes something to show off to your friends unless you like to hit the gym/go for jogs and use it to listen to music like me with my iPod Classic.

Yeah that's true. I do although use it to play games in those ridiculous boring moments. When I mean games, I'm not talking about apps, I'm talking about a GBA Emulator. Playing FF VI is pretty awesome.

Other than that, I use the calendar, notes, and web browsing some times. I really like ATT's service, I just don't want to pay so much per month for an iPhone.
(10-22-2009, 07:57 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: Yeah that's true. I do although use it to play games in those ridiculous boring moments. When I mean games, I'm not talking about apps, I'm talking about a GBA Emulator. Playing FF VI is pretty awesome.

Other than that, I use the calendar, notes, and web browsing some times. I really like ATT's service, I just don't want to pay so much per month for an iPhone.

GBA emulators are generally hard to set up though!
I tried one on the 1.1.2 firmware and it was impossible!

I don't know how they are now, as I'm not really into old school games, or games at all! (On my iPhone)

Which emulator do you use, and what source did you get it from?
400 $ USD. That's too much.
I recently bought IPOD MP4 not more than 100 $ USD.

Which country you reside ?
(10-22-2009, 08:26 PM)PaNiK Wrote: Don't you think this would belong in the "MP3 players" section?
Mind if I give you a hand?

Ehhh.... did you do it or am I trippin?
(10-23-2009, 05:24 PM)Extasey Wrote: Ehhh.... did you do it or am I trippin?

There is no MP3 player section. It belongs here.

I assume that's what PaNiK meant.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-22-2009, 10:45 PM)Extasey Wrote: GBA emulators are generally hard to set up though!
I tried one on the 1.1.2 firmware and it was impossible!

I don't know how they are now, as I'm not really into old school games, or games at all! (On my iPhone)

Which emulator do you use, and what source did you get it from?

I use gpSPhone and I'm currently using the 2.1.2 firmware.

The source for the games are: http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia . If you have Cydia, the source should already be pre-installed.

The source for the GBA Bios would be: http://apt.123Locker.com.

For more information, I suggest looking on the forums of this website: http://www.zodttd.com/.

Now you can use an emulator on the 3.1.2 firmware.
http://www.apple.com/ipod/compare-ipod-models/

Check Price.
64Gb = $400
[Image: jcXtui.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ipod not getting songs marktb68 3 855 05-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Deity
  How to set up a VPN on the iphone or ipod touch Av917 25 11,692 11-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Nexum
  iPod touch with camera Aero 27 5,102 08-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines
  iPod Nano 3G help.. Abbae 4 1,050 08-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines
  just jailbroke my ipod touch Lunchbox 36 6,879 06-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Last Post: devilpsn