Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
desire for destruction
When do you have this urge and what happens moments before you have it?
(06-17-2011, 09:39 AM)Phiber Optiks Wrote: When do you have this urge and what happens moments before you have it?

i have this urge when im extremely bored, and moments before i just grab a hammer
(06-17-2011, 09:59 AM)Reykjavik Wrote: i have this urge when im extremely bored, and moments before i just grab a hammer
I really think you shouldnt grab such hardcore items like a bat and hammer. Those items are considered weapons if you used them against another human. When you feel yourself about to rage try taking deep breaths and control your anger. Might need some anger management classes.
I don't really think that's too bad. I think something is bothering you and it's manifesting itself via your desire to destroy things. You have all of this nervous/angry energy built up and need a way to release it so instead of turning to destruction, try something else. Is there anywhere secluded you could go to just take a deep breath and yell? Could you take up running or some sort of sport? When I get that sort of feeling, I have an urge to just pound the pavement and I'm not even really athletic. It just seems like it'd be nice to cut loose and run as fast as I can until I'm worn out.

I don't know if that's how you feel or if that would help but it's a suggestion.
(06-17-2011, 01:18 PM)heartless Wrote: I don't really think that's too bad. I think something is bothering you and it's manifesting itself via your desire to destroy things. You have all of this nervous/angry energy built up and need a way to release it so instead of turning to destruction, try something else. Is there anywhere secluded you could go to just take a deep breath and yell? Could you take up running or some sort of sport? When I get that sort of feeling, I have an urge to just pound the pavement and I'm not even really athletic. It just seems like it'd be nice to cut loose and run as fast as I can until I'm worn out.

I don't know if that's how you feel or if that would help but it's a suggestion.
i have been biking and it really does help, i have been using my hammer way less often, thanks
Go and try some hardwork like 8 hours straight and then you'll see if you even are able to dream.
I get this feeling sometimes. I would suggest working out or doing other physical exercise. Other things like Yoga might help you calm down.
Has anything been bothering you lately? Are you stressed out?
You're not screwed up. Sometimes I feel like punching my wall.

Do you have a lot of anger?
Well as long as you don't act on your urges against people or animals, you're fine.
[Image: bea699ce6c7acdb7ffbf10d0432f352f.jpg]