Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows won't load dvorak on login screen
I switched to dvorak and i am liking it a lot better except for the fact that i have to enter my password on the log in screen using qwerty. Windows won't load the dvorak keyboard until after i log in. How can I make it so that I can enter my password using dvorak at every startup?
Im not sure but i dont think its possible unless you log in with out it and maybe get into the setting or something?

Just something you can try man

Aim = Pr8Source
(06-13-2011, 10:45 PM)Ted Bundy Wrote: Im not sure but i dont think its possible unless you log in with out it and maybe get into the setting or something?

Just something you can try man

This is all that is available on the keyboard settings. How you see it here is how I have it configured.
[Image: 1140c1433bf7672585182bba5f7dff8c.png]
I figured out a fix while I was reinstalling windows. When you first install windows it asks you what keyboard layout you have and I chose dvorak and now it always is set to dvorak.
Yeah, you can't change that without reinstalling Windows I believe. Make sure you read the on screen options more carefully next time lol...

I've already seen someone else do this with some native language, and after logging in they didn't even know how to get to their control panel.

You need to reinstall Windows.

Edit:

(07-09-2011, 03:28 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: I figured out a fix while I was reinstalling windows. When you first install windows it asks you what keyboard layout you have and I chose dvorak and now it always is set to dvorak.

I'm misunderstanding this part though. Do you want it set to dvorak or not?

Did you set it to dvorak on your Windows install? but it's not not working for the login screen?
(07-09-2011, 03:38 PM)Ace Wrote: I am misunderstanding this part though. Do you want it set to dvorak or not?

Did you set it to dvorak on your Windows install? but it's not not working for the login screen?

I use dvorak keyboard exclusively these days and whenever I would boot my computer from 'off mode', it would change the keyboard layout to qwerty until after I logged in. I changed the keyboard layout from the control panel but it would still do this.

I swapped my hdd in my laptop and reinstalled windows and I chose dvorak from the very beginning and now it uses dvorak all the time. Pretty ridiculous fix but it worked nonetheless.Pinch
So I guess this is solved now? I misunderstood what you were trying to get at before lol
(07-10-2011, 03:27 AM)Ace Wrote: So I guess this is solved now? I misunderstood what you were trying to get at before lol

Yeah, it is solved. But with quite cumbersome means. I wish I could close my own threads.
(07-10-2011, 08:19 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: Yeah, it is solved. But with quite cumbersome means. I wish I could close my own threads.

Just pm a admin or report the thread to be closed

Aim = Pr8Source
Close requested by OP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3rd User Account with Admin won't Run Applications ChuckR 1 872 03-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Last Post: ChuckR
  [Tutorial] How to change windows 7 login background image flAmingw0rm 70 21,138 09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Last Post: ₠o™
  Windows live won't download? Saga 6 1,363 08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Saga
  Task bar won't Hide Chief 3 1,848 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Viruz
  [tut]Change the Windows 7 Login Box itylernallen 25 11,007 10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Last Post: ariton