Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst depression I have ever felt.
(06-09-2011, 12:36 PM)Tyler8746 Wrote: You should work hard in high school and join the ROTC for college, they'll pay for college, then instead of being an enlisted man you start as an Officer.

I do try my very best but I'm not to good. I guess
I just needed to vent a bit while posting this thread last night.
Btw, this was my dream, that's why it hurts when I hafto wait another
year.
You're only 15, trust me, a year later you will think where did the time go. Try to get yourself something better than the army, I've been there for a year and it's mostly boring, then 5 minutes of shooting.
Quote:I'm not to good

Ah young lad, never say that you're never any good at anything. It's good that your putting your effort into school. C Averages aren't really bad. I mean, you won't be able to get into the top schools, but you do plan on entering the Army. If you do want to have a backup I think that attending a college or university or even an institute would be great backup plan. Or if you're planning to go to college first which you probably won't, then the Army Reserves would be an excellent plan.

We can't teach you how to become smarter and make you pass every single class with a B average or above, because that's all your doing, and how committed you are into your education and studies. But if you are going to the Army Reserves without a second train of thought then, just make sure you pass your PT test and stuff, and that you're fit and ready to undergo harsh training at boot camp without whining. Well that's how we do it in America; I don't know how you join the Army in Canada. I don't even know if they are the same haha.

Quote:This was my dream

Great thing to know that that is your dream. Well, we can't really do anything to give you emotional support, but you were venting wern't you? All we can do is just tell you that it'll be alright waiting for another year, and wishing you the best of luck. I'm in MCJROTC at my high school, so I'm just basing my knowledge on what I've learned. I'm a Cadet Staff Sergeant. I don't know how different the Marine Corps is from the Army Reserves so i can't really tell you much information. And I don't want to give you any type of false information either.

The reason why people say to go to school and study harder is because it is always good to consider other kinds of possibilities for your life just incase that you do not make the Army or you do not go to a college. It's always good to have a backup plan ready and then utilize it when you need it.

And @Everyone: I think you guys should stop persuading him to school, because he already picked his choice to join the Army from the beginning. It's on the OP if he wants to take in our suggestions about school, and about working hard on his education.
HJT Team. Deltron <3 RDCA <3 Quintus <3
Maybe in the extra year you have why dont you try to get a part time job or some type of hobby to keep your mind off joining the military. You seem to have a plan that you want to join its just waiting that extra year. Some physical excerise could help you out with the depression. Keep your mind busy and try not to think of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artist depression artgirl2015 1 1,450 08-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Jolie777
  Lack of hackforums causing me depression. wills 1 620 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Callum
  [ Tutorial ] Helping someone with their depression + symptoms Clark 3 1,166 02-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Grades are making my anxiety and depression worse Love 0 616 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Love
  SHE felt i was in danger Train Wreck 4 671 08-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Train Wreck