Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] Make your PC clean & Fast & safe! WITH PICTURES! [/TUT]
Hello SF, Since i am new on SF, i wanted to make a nice tutorial to make your pc clean, fast, and safe! I hope you guys will like it.
This is only a basic tutorial, its not like its gonna run like new ( :

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download: Click here.

Malwarebytes make's a fully scan on your computer and looks for virusses, and more things. When its done you can delete the virus easy with it, its a nice program and easy to use.

1. Download Malwarebytes ant-malware. ( Download is above. )

2. Open it, and it will show something like this:
Choose your own Language, and press '' OK. ''

3. Now you will see something like this ( I am sorry i am dutch, i will explain it what things mean. ) :
Press ''Next'' ( For me it is ''Volgende'' )

4. Now you will see something like this:
1. Press '' I accept the licenseagreement. ''
2 Press '' Next ''

5. Now you will see something like this:
This is nothing, just press '' Next. ''

6. Now you will see something like this:
There you can choose where you want to put the file, put it in ''program files'', and press '' Next ''

7. If you did that, you will see something like this:
Don't touch this, just press '' Next ''
( We are almost done with MBAM! )

8. Now you will see something like this:
1. Press on: ''Make a shortcut on Bureaublad''
2. Press on: '' Next. ''

9. Now you will see something like this:
Press on: '' Install ''
And you are done with the installation!

10. Now open it, and something like this will come:
Press on: '' Fully scan ''
Then press on: ''Scan'', and the MBAM will scan your WHOLE computer for virusses.
At the end when you are done, it will show 0, or some infections you can delete them, after the delete you need to restart your computer to make the effect.

We are done with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

2. CCleaner
Download: Click here.

CCleaner is a program that delete's alot of stuff on your computer, like cookies etc, and fixs errors in your register, and can delete installed programs on your computer. This is one of my favourite programs.

1. Download CCleaner, download link is above.

2. Open it and choose your Language.

3. Open it and it will show you something like this:
Press: '' Next. ''

4. Then it will show you something like this:
Then press '' I agree ''.

5. Then it will show you something like this:
Choose everthing, and then press: '' Install. ''

6. Then open CCleaner and it will show you something like this:
This will delete alot of stuff on your computer, don't worry. It won't do anything bad, choose everthing from: '' Temporary Internet files '' to '' Desktop shortcuts '', and press: '' Analyze '' Then it will show you a list of alot things that you are gonna delete, press on '' Run Cleaner ''

7. Now we are going to the Register part, press on : '' Registry ''
And it will show you something like this:
Choose everthing, and then press : ''Scan for Issues'' Then it will scan it, you will see alot of things in the list, or not. If its done with scanning press on: '' Fix selected Issues '' ( It auto selected it all ) if you did that it asks you to make a map for it, don't to that, press on '' No '' and then press on : '' Fix all selected Issues ''

8. Now we are going to '' Tools. ''
Press on: '' Tools '' And you will see something like this:
You will see a list of installed programs on your computer, i bet you will see a program that you don't use, just click on the program and press: '' Run Uninstaller ''

We are done with CCleaner!

3. 2 Bat code's
Those 2 .bat code's will make your computer around 1-10% faster, it depends on how much cookies & programs you got in your temp map.

1. Open notepad by going to: Start>Run>Notepad.
2. Copy this code and paste it in Notepad:
Safe it as: CLEAN.bat
And open it, and ur done.
This is NOT a prank, it will delete Historys,printer crap,cookies,stuff in temp map.

Now i guess this is only for Windows 7, open notepad,
and type this:
Safe it as: RAM.bat and open it!
It will make ur RAM clean, and more.

We are done with this!

4. MsConfig

With MsConfig u can stop some programma's at startup.
This is how we doing it, first open MsConfig you do that by:
Click: Start>run>MsConfig then you will see something like this:
Then press on: '' Startup ''
Then it will show a list of programs, if you see a program that you don't use anymore, disable it then press ok.

We are done with MsConfig!

5. Disk Defragmenter

Disk Defragmenter is a program that will clean your disk and make your pc around 5-15% faster.
You don't need any downloads for this, its automatic in your computer.

There's where it is: ( Opening Disk Defragmenter )
Click Start>All Programs>Accessoires>System tools>Disk defragmenter
If you opened it, it will show something like this:
Press on: '' Defragment '' and ur done!
Eh.. Ur not done, the defragment will take a long time.
I recommend for hard users to do this every 1-2 Months, and for soft users to do this every 3-4 months.

We are done with Defragmention!

6. Firewalls

There are alot of Personal Firewalls on internet ( Some of them are called desktop firewalls. )
On the begin they all work like the same, they look to your connection of your computer & internet.
The different is in the way thats happening. In the simplest case knows a firewall that the certain programma's pass or the using of a certain communicationports let.
Some firewalls are much precise and let the setting of a trusted computer.

A trusted computer is a system that have's acces to the service's of a another computer on basis of identification of the IP-adress of the computername.

That means that you can add IP-adresses of computers that you want to give acces for service's of ports.
The most firewalls handling a combination of both methode's, which it sometime's can be difficult to set. At personal firewalls works it mostly like this, that if a firewall gets unknown connection, de user gets a question to let the connection in or cancel it.

It is ignorant that some firewalls not see the independent safe of the given conduct. At a reinstallation you can start completely again.

Now i am gonna show you some firewalls and what they do.

Tiny Software - Tiny Personal Firewall
This desktop firewall knows some plus points. The personal edition is free and the setuppossibly is extensive.
That can of course be a disadvantage, it is how you look to it.
You can download Tiny Software - Tiny Personal Firewall here: Click here for the direct download.

Sygate Personal Firewall 4.0
This firewall filters all as the setup ports, IP-adresses and the acces to the applicatons. Java-script, Visual Basic-script, or Trojan Horse's doesn't know the software. Still is this firewall sure suitable for personal protecting.
You can download Sygate Personal Firewall 4.0 here: Click here for the direct download.

Network ICE blackICE Defender 2.5ch
This firewall knows only incoming connections and is therefore only suitable to refuse for attacks.
The configuration is relatively and simple, cause there are only 4 standard setups where you can choose out.
Extra points deserves this firewall for the good descriptions of attacks, that you only can consult on the website. If BlackICE defender discovered a attack, he give's a link to the refers to the description of the attack.
You can download Network ICE - blackICE Defender 2.5ch here: [url=http://download.cnet.com/3001-2092_4-10049526.html?spi=01ac330b2bd02758e38d54fed448729d]Click here for the direct download .[/url]

Zonelabs ZoneAlarm 2.6
A firewall with excellent setupoppertunities who is suitable for beginners and people who wants to setup things by himself.
You can download ZoneAlarm here: Click here for the direct download

Comodo Firewall
This is a free, good Firewall, that protects your system against those Things & More!: Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Buffer overflows, Zero-day attacks, Spyware and Hackers. The firewall connects to internet and auto updates. Comodo Firewall also protects you from internet, like your going on a page that contains virus, like Jave drive By.
Comdo Firewall has also full IPv6 support in firewall.

For people that don't know what a java drive by is:
Click here for the direct download

This was the tutorial,
I will add more things later!
If a picture, Download doesn't work, or want me to add something just post it there!
I hope it was helpfully, it took me a very long time to make this tutorial.
I write EVERTHING by myself, so DON'T leech it.
And i made EVERY screen shot.
@ iRoroana aKa Cali.
Later!
Hmm... I don't like the way you put the tutorial up. You could have used a bit more time, on how to make it look. Also i don't know if it is me or.. But the pictures took long time to load, no idea why. And for the ccleaner i would highly recommend not do the registry cleaners, as they do more harm than good.

Also You could ad comodo firewall. This is one of the best firewalls i know.
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
This shared a lot to me, I'm glad you posted this.
I'm already using Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware.
Very nice tutorial man, it will help a lot of people! Thanks once again ;)
I don't like using CCleaner. But thanks for posting anyway. I'd check out the other ways.
[Image: iuyle.png]
Thanks guys Smile
Stiggie, it took me 3 hours to make this tutorial + pictures..
Also i self download all the programs etc and i had alot of problems in the tutorial and my english is bad i needed to fix it.
And i rechecked it on google etc..
I will update it today after i come from school.
( Update: Antivirus )
I once tried CCleaner, and it somehow messed up my PC... I'm pretty afraid of registry cleaners, it's usually unpredictable that what they will actually do to your computer.
There's afew things in this tut, I've try'd, n afew I haven't, I'm goin' to do the ones I haven't done yet.
Thanks for sharing!
if ( ( youAreHappy) && (youKnowIt) )

clapYourHands();
thank you mate for posting this tutorial. this would be a great help to all SF members. keep it up! Smile
[Image: ic4Itm.png]
Thanks guys!
I am adding now the best free AVG's and how they work & what they do : D
Gonna start now.
Edit: Fixing ur register will make ur pc faster.
If you got erros, some things won't work and will make your pc slower.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does this seem safe EagerToLearn 7 852 03-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Existence
  Mechanical Keyboard Guide [Pictures][Reviews][AWESOME] TalishHF 2 1,915 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  [TUT]6 Steps to Troubleshooting PC Issues.[TUT] Codad Law 22 8,176 07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  {TUT} Everything About Your PC {TUT} INC3PT!0N™ 16 2,415 07-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Last Post: VIRUZ™
  [TUT] How to Organize Your Desktop Metapod 47 5,846 07-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Last Post: djakariuz