Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Byte Converter (Coded by Unleashed) WPF Application
This program looks really nice mate,I will download it lather because my connection sucks at the moment. Did you made this in vb 2010 ?
(06-03-2011, 03:38 PM)Strafeness Wrote: This program looks really nice mate,I will download it lather because my connection sucks at the moment. Did you made this in vb 2010 ?

Yeah, I created it in vb 2010.
Sorry for being a little ignorant, but what is a WPF app, and how does it differ from c#/vb/c++?
It doesn't differ from C#/VB/C++ at all. It's just a newer method of the way applications are created to perform and operate better with the way Windows 7 and later versions of a Windows OS were designed. WPF better handles optionality for customizing jump lists, hover previews, etc. Whereas a normal Windows Form that people usually use when creating an application for VB.net is a little less customizable that way, yet still possible.

WPF is more inclined in integrating an XAML code with your main form, and any other forms associated with your program, so you have full control over the designer of the form itself, as well as the actual basic form code (vb) area of your application.

I'll upload an example that should show you the main difference in general from an overall perspective.
[Image: asdfdn.png]

Here's a sample look of what a WPF looks like from the background.
(06-03-2011, 05:06 AM)Richie Wrote: Exactly lol. Not sure many people will need info about a terabyte either heh.

Are you flipping serious? Dude lots of people nowadays own terabyte hardware... The newer and newer generations are requiring more and more memory...
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(06-03-2011, 05:09 PM)Resistance Wrote: Are you flipping serious? Dude lots of people nowadays own terabyte hardware... The newer and newer generations are requiring more and more memory...

1TB Memory?? Wow, you have to point me to the location of this kind of hardware you're talking about because i've never seen that before Smile lol
(06-03-2011, 06:04 PM)Unleashed Wrote: 1TB Memory?? Wow, you have to point me to the location of this kind of hardware you're talking about because i've never seen that before Smile lol

Sorry, maybe its just personally me but I think we are getting to the point in time where we use more memory than we think. I have a one hundred TB XHD
(06-03-2011, 06:40 PM)Resistance Wrote: Sorry, maybe its just personally me but I think we are getting to the point in time where we use more memory than we think. I have a one hundred TB XHD

You are getting Hard Drive space confused with system Memory/RAM...
(06-03-2011, 06:58 PM)Unleashed Wrote: You are getting Hard Drive space confused with system Memory/RAM...

Well if an External Hard Drive isn't hardware (XHD), what is it? Ohmy
(06-03-2011, 07:00 PM)Resistance Wrote: Well if an External Hard Drive isn't hardware (XHD), what is it? Ohmy

lol It's not memory that's for sure.

Quote:getting to the point in time where we use more memory than we think. I have a one hundred TB XHD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Application Organiser lhcrulz 3 2,450 02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [Preview/] YouTube Downloader and Converter full FFMPEG, Massive conversion list 2012 FizzyMentos 3 2,039 02-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  [VB.net]Learn WPF [WPF Tutorial] ThePrinCe 1 1,175 12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Last Post: HostGap
  [PREVIEW] updatr - Easy Application Updater Virtuous 9 4,018 11-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Virtuous
  [VB.NET] - Integrate Flash Into Your Application - [TUT] Fragma 14 6,085 10-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Philippines