Support Forums

Full Version: Byte Converter (Coded by Unleashed) WPF Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: unledfxz.png]

Here's something I put together real quick in Visual Basic

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pfd6v2ai45r77lp
Pretty cool. Just division/multiplication of 1024, right? Smile

Nicely done. Wish I had any idea of how to code, lol.
That's about it. 1024, 1048576, 1073741824, 1099511627776, and 1, but I didn't need to add "1". I just kept the input from the textbox and added it to it's rightful place as a kilobyte, megabyte, etc..

And I could have gone to an even larger unit, and an even smaller unit on both ends. But who ever deals with a unit smaller than a byte, or larger than a terabyte?
Exactly lol. Not sure many people will need info about a terabyte either heh.
Looks good,downloading it now .
(06-03-2011, 05:06 AM)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly lol. Not sure many people will need info about a terabyte either heh.

Lots of people use 1 or 2 TB hard drives as extra storage. If they need to convert half of that to MB, which is the base unit for partitioning a drive, they will need to know what 0.5 of a TB is. My application accepts decimals as well Smile

(06-03-2011, 05:23 AM)charanbir™ Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good,downloading it now .

lol no you're not, you're too busy spamming for the feather. Don't think i'm that dumb:

[Image: sdfasdf.png]

Now try and tell me that you've downloaded it Smile
Looks nice but I don't think I'd ever need to use this. Generally when I need to convert stuff, I just Google it.

Although, if you were to create a converter which had loads of different conversion options, then I would definitely download it. So if you ever do make something like that, let me know!

Something kind of like this website:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/
I can assure you this this is faster than google, and it doesn't require an internet because all of the calculations are not done externally but instead internally Smile

But I could add more to it, It would be organized into tabs. I'm running out of ideas for programs, so this was one of my more random projects.
(06-03-2011, 02:09 PM)Unleashed Wrote: [ -> ]I can assure you this this is faster than google, and it doesn't require an internet because all of the calculations are not done externally but instead internally Smile

But I could add more to it, It would be organized into tabs. I'm running out of ideas for programs, so this was one of my more random projects.

It probably is faster than Google, but there's something about having loads of applications similar to this, which do a small task. I don't really want to clutter my folders with them. Perhaps if I needed to regularly convert bytes, then having this application would be useful, but as I don't, I find it easier for me to just use Google. Smile

Great application nonetheless!
(06-03-2011, 03:19 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]It probably is faster than Google, but there's something about having loads of applications similar to this, which do a small task. I don't really want to clutter my folders with them. Perhaps if I needed to regularly convert bytes, then having this application would be useful, but as I don't, I find it easier for me to just use Google. Smile

Great application nonetheless!

I'll need to lookup how the conversions take place for other units as well to make it into a more universal program like you mentioned. Things like the metric system would be easy, but quite a bit of code since there's tons of different units that are all connected to it out there. All the code would have to start from one unit, and convert to all the rest, then go to the next unit, and convert to all the rest of the units as well until i've gone through all of the units following that same process.
Pages: 1 2 3