Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Free Hosting Fails.
I don't get why zone said you could gain experience in managing servers by going with a free host. Considering it's shared hosting, there is no server management at all......you'd need to actually purchase a server or set up a local host. However, with the way the ISP's work, a local server is not good at all.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Stealing articles from edgex, how dare you?! ;)

Awesome read, great tutorial.
Everything thats free fails.

Nothing in this world is free and useful Tongue
That's not true always. Many countries would not exist if they at one point did not get something for free. Nice article but I do see that all the people here agree with you but I know free hosts that are good for somethings. I would not recommended them for like running forums and large sites that take a bunch of space. I use to use a free host got sick of how slow it loaded. When there are free hosts they have just the minimum requirements for them to run sites nothing extra just the plane standard things. Now when you pay you are going to get things that hosts have to pay extra for. But nice article skimmed through it very informal but they don't always fail.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
(11-03-2009, 11:37 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Free hosts have their place imho. Even I have a couple accounts floating around but in general they are a nightmare to deal with and extremely unreliable.

However many teens have no choice but to use these free alternatives. I suggest heavily that you make backups and be prepared for downtime.

If possible ask your parents for $50 a year to buy hosting. It's worth a shot since $50 ain't a lot of money and you might be able to work it off with chores or side jobs for neighbors.

I agree, free web hosting isnt bad, its just not the best.
great post! good job Smile
You will get what you paid for, if you paid nothing don't expect something Roflmao , That's why free hosting is fail
I agree with all this with the exception of a few free hosts, which are much better than most. I use a free host for testing, and I haven't had any downtime with them, neither any forced ads.
Thanks for sharing ;) but some people like to have a free host before investing their well earned money into paid hosting. I have thought a few times that a site would fail so I got free hosting first, that way I didn't really waste my money.
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
I started my site out of free hosting.
Hated it.
Never going to use it again.
Hell, I'm starting to hate my current host. I'm going to get a new one ASAP...
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any free hosting? Swift Swim 3 913 05-15-2014, 03:21 AM
Last Post: vahaa
  Some Free Hosting Chief 6 849 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Last Post: cracker007
  Free hosting Phantasia Hosting, Reseller, Shared, etc.!!! fanta 8 1,674 06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Mark I. Mcclam
  Cheap Hosting | FREE cPanel/WHM | FREE 2 Months - PlotHost.com PlotHost 1 714 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Last Post: sge2d
  Free Hosting? Mr Kitty Cat 18 2,355 05-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Last Post: モrainee