Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jail Breaking ma ipod touch.
First of all, what generation is your iPod touch and what firmware is it running?

Also I've heard it's impossible to brick an iPod touch, I don't exactly know how though. You can just restore your iPod touch if it breaks or something and give it to apple and they will fix it and not know about you jbing it.
In scenario of a warranty claim, even though the device is Jail broken I thought that by fully restoring it back will not void your warranty?
(10-28-2009, 06:41 AM)Klystorm Wrote: In scenario of a warranty claim, even though the device is Jail broken I thought that by fully restoring it back will not void your warranty?

Correct. It's just like taking it out of the box, they'll never know.
Well guys. Its apple I'm sure they have a way of telling. They write the updates. They can decide what it overwrites and what it leaves. If it leaves a small portion of modded fw or saves it in some sort of history. They can tell. Like I said its apple. They will do everything they can to avoid spending money.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Jailbreak it!

I mean, seriously, you'll love the freedom!

Customizing everything, free applications!
Watch out though, it does void your warranty, but just restore to the original firmware if you ever need to go back to the store.

If you have 3.1+ firmware, I suggest you downgrade to 3.0 and use redsn0w, I heard about blackra1n, but I am not sure if it is that good.
(10-28-2009, 07:57 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Well guys. Its apple I'm sure they have a way of telling. They write the updates. They can decide what it overwrites and what it leaves. If it leaves a small portion of modded fw or saves it in some sort of history. They can tell. Like I said its apple. They will do everything they can to avoid spending money.

Maybe, I've actually done it with a relative. He dropped his iPhone about a week ago and had a huge crack in his screen. I just restored it for him, he took it to Apple and they did the job. Smile
Me too, I took it to some water park and it got all wet, wouldn't turn on and was jailbroken, I send it to apple, and they just send me a new one cuz they couldn't fix it lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TUT-How to Semi-Tether jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G,3G OFWGKTΔ 2 2,547 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ
  iPod Touch Speaker Not Working? Professor Oak 3 8,438 12-19-2011, 07:09 AM
  Where are .debs installed? [iPod touch 2G.] Grin 3 1,176 12-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  I need some good iPod Touch games. ♱ RedTube ♱ 58 15,873 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: D3xus
  Jailbroken my iPod Touch, where can I get the free apps? Niels 24 9,114 09-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Barack Obama