Support Forums

Full Version: Jail Breaking ma ipod touch.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, i'm trying to decide if i should jailbreak it or not. I would like some pros and cons from users who have actually don it please.
First. What's your firmware? 2.1.2, 3.1.x?

If you have 2.1.2, I highly advice you to upgrade to 3.1.x, makes jail breaking so much easier.

Anyways

Pros: Free apps, songs/ringtones, themes, you name it..
Cons: Voids the warranty.

I've done it with both 2.1 and 3.1. 2.1 required a lot more work than 3.1. 3.1 was literally pressing one button.

It's not illegal by the way.
The FW is not really a priblem, i can downgrade to 1.1.1 if i decide to. Legality really isn't an issue eather.
But this DOES void my warranty? Well, maybe i won't do it.
I'm getting an Ipod touch for Christmas from my fiancee and I can't wait to jailbreak it. I love customizing portable electronics like my PSP.
Yes it voids the warranty if done.
I wouldn't suggest doing it. It can cause the iTouch to become unstable and crash on occasions.

Also my mate Jail Broke is iTouch and the button broke a while later; He sent it back and Apple replaced it regardless of the fact that it was Jail broken Pirate
I wouldn't worry about voiding your warranty, you can always just restore back to an official firmware and they have no way of knowing. I'm pretty sure you can't brick it either, but you should probably double check that.
Well, i used to be really heavy into psp modding. I even bought the recovery red battery for fw flashing. I got out of it and just want tomething to do. If it bricks, can't you just restore it?
If it bricks try a hard restore. Hold the sleep (top) button and home button for 20-30 seconds. Works for me.

And yeah, if you restore to original FW, customer support wouldn't have a way to find out.
(10-20-2009, 08:21 PM)ReVamped Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it voids the warranty if done.
I wouldn't suggest doing it. It can cause the iTouch to become unstable and crash on occasions.

Also my mate Jail Broke is iTouch and the button broke a while later; He sent it back and Apple replaced it regardless of the fact that it was Jail broken Pirate

PROTIP: Jailbreak != button broken. Also, My ipod runs as a webserver when I'm not using it. It's incredibly stable and only crashed because I stream 15 videos and downloaded 15 files at the same time to see what I can do to it.
(10-20-2009, 09:18 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: [ -> ]Jailbreak != button broken.
Really?! I never knew that! ...

I meant it in a way to explain that Apple doesn't really care for the products' warranty if it's been Jail Broken - They replace them anyway, Jail Broken or not...
Pages: 1 2