Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member Feedback Questionnaire
Suggestions
I wasn't prepared for this to come up, I have a few suggestions, but they have been stated before probably better than I could explain here right now in other posts of mine. I have a vision of easily accessible support through an IRC channel that I created though. That's about the only suggestion I had for now that I can get off the top of my head. I realize that Omni said he didn't think it would be useful because IRC is inactive on that other forum he has, but if it was utilized as a support atmosphere I would have to argue otherwise.

As suggestions have been made to allow guest posting here, people could use the IRC channel as an anonymous MSN, or email, instead of throwing their real contact credentials out in the open to just anyone that replies in the thread. Private messaging would allow for a person to person contact that's quick and easy, and questions for computer malware could be directed to people in the HJT group there as well.

The idea was mostly generated by the cliche of a live chat support that companies like HP, Apple, and Microsoft have. This would also create the idea that SF is a very professional support place, which is what you want for a support forum. Nothing to be taken as a joke. I believe that if strict rules were enforced like they have been by me on the IRC channel so far, that people will create a reputation for each other on being respectful people there. Not only will that be good for member to member, but it should affect things on the forum as well, bringing the community together as a 'team' instead of individuals.

Psychologically I could argue that support here would be more easily given, and more willingly as well. The efficiency of a support system doesn't lie within any individual, it's from the system itself, or in this case the community.

Sections
I've been active in almost every section of the forum really. Graphics, Media, OSHIT, Computer Support sections (Linux, Windows, Networking, Micellaneous), Programming, some Emotional Support, Video Games (FFVII), Webmaster sections, and the Group areas for creation and applying.

Awards
If I had to suggest any kind of award, I'm not sure what I would choose. I think although similar to the "Sophisticated" award, a "Philosopher" award could be another. But I'm not counting on anyone to take this suggestion because I can't think of any awards for now. They are probably the same thing since you'd have to show good insight to get the award i'm assuming.
Infinity, I absolutely love that IRC idea. +1
(05-22-2011, 06:24 AM)Sam Wrote: Sections
I personally feel that official groups need their own sections now. The HJT sqaud have their own section and I asked Omniscient when EH first accepted and he said soon. I asked him again via PM and he agreed it was needed. We now need the implementation.

Awards
First of all more awards need to be given out, but I would like to see the addition of a Community Contributor award. For members who have dedicated allot of time here making thousands of posts and spending months on-line helping members and posting well.

I agree. I'll definitely be doing this and a few other things once I have an afternoon free to do it.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
That's good news, I assumed it was an issue of time. Thanks for your response.
Any updates on the other concerns Omni?
It's always an issue of time for me. I'm working 8-14 hours a day on HF just about every day. Even a day off usually means 2-4 hours of work.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(05-24-2011, 06:57 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's always an issue of time for me. I'm working 8-14 hours a day on HF just about every day. Even a day off usually means 2-4 hours of work.

Have you considered a second administrator?
That's what i'd suggest too, better than letting this forum just melt away. You have lots of forums and websites to attend to. Solidus would be suitable for the position as an extra if he would agree to that reponsibility, since he has also been a former admin for you in the past as well.
No one can really be trusted as a second administrator. You can never give someone full rights either.
(05-24-2011, 10:54 PM)Sam Wrote: No one can really be trusted as a second administrator. You can never give someone full rights either.

Solidus didn't do anything drastic while he was an admin on HF. And he's an owner of 2 other forums that I know of, so i'd nominate him firstly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 445 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,872 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,880 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Posting my Feedback...what Support Forums needs ASAP. Peter L 36 9,147 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Extornia
  [Feedback] Hackforums compared to Supportforums! Deadmau5 118 46,230 04-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Metapod