Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Posting my Feedback...what Support Forums needs ASAP.
Okay, let's get this straight. I love Support Forums. No questions to it, there are so many good things to it and I've met some incredibly intelligent members on here. But like I said here we need something to push SF forward. We are coasting right now, and are running out of momentum. I understand Omniscient is incredibly busy especially with the recent downtime of HackForums (which coincidentally makes it harder to want to be here) but he took on a responsibility opening up SF, and gained a lot of member's trust and respect and can't leave us like this! I'm not blaming him, no not at all but I'm just trying to get prepared for the reasons others may have to go against this or because people feel the need to defend Omni.

Something really needs to be done. There is no new features, no new groups, no news (good) posts or discussions, and now their is just out of control gravedigging going on and it is making it hard to find the new HQ posts. I know "I am not forced to be here and can leave if I want to," but I don't want to. If I wanted to I wouldn't be writing this, I want to see some changes. SF is just going downhill and will die within the year if it keeps up. Dead as in..just not what it can be.

What do I suggest? Everyone needs to get involved! Here are some ideas:
  • Contests (best youtube video?)
  • Legitimate referral contest?
  • Handing out new awards
  • Approving more groups and giving them their own section
  • Promotions?
  • More advertising...but not from HF
  • Make a SET and STRICT rule to stop HF discussions
  • Video Tutorials?
  • Support Plugin?

These are just some ideas, and sorry for sounding rude or a jerk but I really love to call SF a second home where I can go for high quality discussions that actually get me thinking, for support, and to help others. It's an all in one package and I'm sure I'll never find another forum like this...and don't want to see it go downhill so quickly.

Thoughts?
I agree with everything. Good post, hopefully Omni will see this.
[Image: rara.png]
He saw the other post and everyone agreed, but nothing happened and I didn't want to bother him via PMs.
Well he is kind of busy right now. Like he's upgrading servers for HF. Im pretty sure he will get to it eventually.
[Image: rara.png]
(04-23-2011, 07:10 PM)Laugh Wrote:
  • More advertising...but not from HF

That made me laugh, Laugh Roflmao(See what I did there). I think Omniscient should pay some money to go on to Google Ads and be the first result for the keywords "help" or "support". I think it would be an instant HF in less than a week with our usual trolls, HQ posters, LQ posters and intermediate posters + new, well known members. I know it must cost a fortune but see how that goes out to be.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-23-2011, 07:18 PM)The High Roller Wrote: That made me laugh, Laugh Roflmao(See what I did there). I think Omniscient should pay some money to go on to Google Ads and be the first result for the keywords "help" or "support". I think it would be an instant HF in less than a week with our usual trolls, HQ posters, LQ posters and intermediate posters + new, well known members. I know it must cost a fortune but see how that goes out to be.

Have you ever searched on google for "help" or "support?" And if you did, did you click the paid ads?

We'd need to work harder and more specific than that.
I agree with Laugh. I've been here only a few days, and I already feel it hasn't lived up to its full potential. I've seen few actual HQ posters and (I'm not saying I'm not one of them Tongue) I feel SF has a lot more to offer.
I'm here though, and I'm sure to be active at least. So I'll do my part Big Grin
Agree with you, TBH i joined here to get support feather, but i saw here nothing of my interest, no new posts. Like every one is here to gain post count and support feather, after that they will leave sf (that i don't want to do). Creative writing is my favorite section. Hope this sf get more people like op.
(04-23-2011, 08:31 PM)_d3shI Wrote: Agree with you, TBH i joined here to get support feather, but i saw here nothing of my interest, no new posts. Like every one is here to gain post count and support feather, after that they will leave sf (that i don't want to do). Creative writing is my favorite section. Hope this sf get more people like op.

Welcome to creative writing then ^_^ You'll find me there often.

What I suggest is that we ask Omniscient to also make getting the support feather harder for the people who have come on here just for that purpose and spamming with LQs.
I personally say remove the support feather all together. At this point it doesn't benefit SF which was the original goal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,938 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,716 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 436 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,835 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,562 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus