Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Forum Software?
I go with MYBB for a 100% no questions Smile
[Image: UTLN2.gif]
That's not my Sig . So don't flame me.
In the past, I've only used vBulletin. If you set it up right, it can be pretty effective and work quite well, but it just takes too much work, imo.
I think in the future I will use MyBB. It just seems more professional, and I don't think it would require as much work to get it working the way you want it to.
I find vBulletin the least user friendly forum software I've ever came across. It's probably extremely good for those who are experienced with using it, but for beginners, in my opinion, it doesn't come close to MyBB.

MyBB is great for anybody, from experienced users to people who have never set up a forum before. It's very customizable and has a great plug-ins system. Also the MyBB team are fantastic.
I don't have a single favorite.

My favorite for customization and ease: MyBB
My favorite for power and looks: IPB.
[Image: winnn.png]
Xenforo looks cool but I never used it...

MyBB,phpBB and SMF Smile
[Image: N7_LXz.jpg]
I've been using SMF, but I really want to get away from it because their support isn't the greatest and I've ran into so many issues. I switched over to MyBB today testing it out, but it seems REALLY compact and cluttered :/ I don't know if its just because of the theme or a bad habbit from smf.

my favorite right now is smf...soon to be mybb if I can get used to it
I tend to like MyBB because of all the plugins
So MyBB is the way for everyone?

I thought most big Forums today would have been on vBulletin, mainly because of their sheer size :/
Gotta say MyBB ftw! It's, IMO, the best and easiest to work with...
if ( ( youAreHappy) && (youKnowIt) )

clapYourHands();
myBB is by far the best as it is easily customized and most of all.... FREE!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 904 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  best free forum software Miku 21 4,442 09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Dolan.
  Best Forum Software? Tubby 13 2,269 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Vote Your Favourite Forum Software of 2012! BreShiE 24 3,627 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: webdev77
  Forum software [Free] eax 10 2,577 11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Last Post: iMoney