Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best free forum software
So what is the best forum softwares out there? I have used phpbb and mybb, but I always have problems after installing it. Any others?
Don't give up with MyBB, what are your problems installing?
mybb by far
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
ya I retried it now and it work perfect. But besides mybb, is there any other?
There's SMF which I have heard is decent. http://www.simplemachines.org/

You can never go wrong with MyBB, though. It is so customizable. <3
[Image: winnn.png]
(05-24-2011, 10:44 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: So what is the best forum softwares out there? I have used phpbb and mybb, but I always have problems after installing it. Any others?

I say either MyBB, OR if you have to SMF, I just migrated my SMF forum to MyBB, SMF just purely annoyed me, also went with PhpBB3 once and regretted it.
Not sure if you're still checking this thread but MyBB is the best free one. vBulletin is far better, however, it isn't free. The biggest issue with MyBB is that there are no good templates. If you want MyBB to look good then you need to buy a theme or make one.
Not sure if you're still checking this thread but MyBB is the best free one. vBulletin is far better, however, it isn't free. The biggest issue with MyBB is that there are no good templates. If you want MyBB to look good then you need to buy a theme or make one.
ya, I know that. But is IPboard good?
To be honest, you should not ask us, or even listen to us, the best free one is the one you're most comfortable with, I prefer MyBB since it's easy and quick.
[Image: signaturera.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuT]Setting Up Your Own Forum-Fast-Free-Easy[TuT] Vorfin 119 47,906 08-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: Uzi
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 901 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  Best Forum Software? Tubby 13 2,268 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Vote Your Favourite Forum Software of 2012! BreShiE 24 3,625 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: webdev77
  Favourite Forum Software? Mark Webber 89 13,116 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Dube