Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Omni] Personal Chat Plugin?
Omni, is there a plugin for personal chat? Like Facebook's IM feature, but for MyBB? I feel it would be useful for both support and just general chat with people. Of course there may not even be one, but hey just an idea.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
It would be the same thing as a shoutbox in my opinion. I'm against shoutboxes on forums, they don't do much good really. I'd like to see what others think about this though. I just think that it would slow down the forum a bit if we were to add an entire IM feature. You would have to have buddy lists as well in addition to the IM otherwise you'd be searching through everyone on the forum. We already have a decent PM feature, which allows you to send messages even if the person is offline.
The PM system is alright with me Smile
Though if some sort of chat plugin is to be introduced, I wouldn't support shoutboxes either.
Go make a IRC channel then, PMing is fine anyways. And there is cometchat, but no need for that.
This ADMIN already ought to know what is good for his forums.. and as BlackChos suggested above.. PM system is fine.
Mad
I already know he will decline. His dislike for chat systems is just as great as mine.
An unofficial IRC channel can be set up if anyone wants it.
It would be pretty awesome to have a chat for registered users... I would love chatting with someone when I get bored on the forums.
Sounds like a great idea to me.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Chatboxes are annoying when anyone can signup and use them.

Staff aren't only 24/7 to protect the chatbox, might as well make an IRC.
SupportForums for promotion!
A good one is CometChat, but I disagree with the idea.
Here, i've created an Unofficial IRC channel for SupportForums. Anyone who would like to join can go to:

http://centralchat.net/chat
and join the channel: #SupportForums

Or:

You can connect using an IRC client
Code:
/server webchat.centralchat.net

It should automatically connect you to the default port. Then join the channel #supportforums

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni can we please.... DAMINK™ 15 1,432 03-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Too Omni Chief 9 2,165 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  For you, Omni! Braco22 21 1,339 08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,867 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Banned members plugin ★Cooldude★ 5 1,151 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Sam