Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Final Fantasy XIV
(10-21-2009, 07:01 AM)S0rath 0f the Black Sun Wrote: I don't have a PS2, but I have a neat little Ps2 emulator, replaying FFXII in it atm and playing Tekken 5 when friends are over here... Tongue

Well this is going to be for PS3, but back to the emulator
which one are you using and how the hell did you got it to work?
(10-21-2009, 07:06 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: Well this is going to be for PS3, but back to the emulator
which one are you using and how the hell did you got it to work?

PCSX2 is the name of the emulator. Neat little program. You'll need a legit bios for it to work, I dumped my bios from 2 friends who have different versions of the BIOS from PS2, so I have a Japanese and American bios. You have to tinker with it a bit depending on the game I guess, lots of friendly options and tweaks though. Ninja

EDIT: Your PC also needs to be a bit beefy. 4 Gigs ram, 1 Gig GPU/Vcard is basically my rig, runs smooth on widescreen. I don't recommend it used on a lower rig, it'll be choppy and you'll have to sacrifice quality for playability.
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
(10-21-2009, 07:11 AM)S0rath 0f the Black Sun Wrote: PCSX2 is the name of the emulator. Neat little program. You'll need a legit bios for it to work, I dumped my bios from 2 friends who have different versions of the BIOS from PS2, so I have a Japanese and American bios. You have to tinker with it a bit depending on the game I guess, lots of friendly options and tweaks though. Ninja

EDIT: Your PC also needs to be a bit beefy. 4 Gigs ram, 1 Gig GPU/Vcard is basically my rig, runs smooth on widescreen. I don't recommend it used on a lower rig, it'll be choppy and you'll have to sacrifice quality for playability.

Yeah I know about the PC specs and that's not a problem.... the problem I've always had was the right type of BIOS...
aahhh...
I have used PCSX1 and it was a good one.
(10-21-2009, 07:53 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: Yeah I know about the PC specs and that's not a problem.... the problem I've always had was the right type of BIOS...
aahhh...
I have used PCSX1 and it was a good one.

Forgot to say that a cousin of mine also dumped his bios for me, he also got his friend to dump his bios so now I have plenty of versions. Muahahaha! Hehe

With BIOS, I think there are two versions per regional bios:

Regional BIOS:
US
Japan
Eu (not sure if this version exists or stated as International)

Versions:
(not sure if there is a 1.0)

But be warned, before using a PS2 game on your PCSX2, you need to check their website games list for "compatibility", not all games are compatible with PCSX2. I bawwwwed Bebe-pleure when Killzone 2 wasn't compatible. Although it was a great consolation that FFXII, Tekken and MGS3 Snake Eater ran like a charm. And with a beefy PC you can UP the quality more as long as your rig can take it.

Some games are picky with your bios version so I suggest bios swapping as a legitimate means of getting more bios.

Just look around there for compatibility and the newer versions of PCSX2 before tweaking your settings, or else your bite your toes in frustration. Tongue
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasy Premier League Wonders 3 695 08-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Curt
  Final Fantasy XIV Smoky 2 434 09-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Smoky
  Final Fantasy 7 Peter L 11 1,424 03-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: HakkuR*
  Final Fantasy 7 tutorial: Finding vincent. InfamousKnight 3 669 03-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  final fantasy 7 dirge of cerberus InfamousKnight 4 572 03-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Last Post: InfamousKnight