Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Linux or Windows ?
(05-03-2011, 04:44 AM)Do0ks Wrote: Depends on what you would use it for..
Stay with windows IF you game, school, work.

If you don't really do any of that on a computer i would recommend switching to Linux.
Wine will run most windows .exe

You can use Linux for school or work. The only thing you can't do is gaming.
I think linux is great when you understand it, it has alot off possibility's. You should choose opensuse or ubuntu
Yeah... maybe the work with linux is kinda hard, but you would get into the stuff. For 1 hour in google you can learn all need basics functions and commands for Linux. I like ubuntu 11.04 and maybe soon gonna install it.
Yes, you can google almost anything these days but I too have to say that google is definitely your friend when it comes to Linux. Plus, Linux being open source and many open source developers out there, people are more willing to just help you out of the blue when it comes to Linux issues. Not to mention that you can basically find anything you have ever wanted in regards to linux by one quick google search.

What I would do if I were the OP though, is instead of dual booting right off the bat, run a VM instance of Linux to see if it's something that you can like. Then if you do end up liking it, then dual boot and continue to use it from there.
Oh, and btw. Start out with Ubuntu for Linux... It's especially easy on the linux beginners.
(05-03-2011, 02:44 PM)Cuthbertx Wrote: Yes, you can google almost anything these days but I too have to say that google is definitely your friend when it comes to Linux. Plus, Linux being open source and many open source developers out there, people are more willing to just help you out of the blue when it comes to Linux issues. Not to mention that you can basically find anything you have ever wanted in regards to linux by one quick google search.

What I would do if I were the OP though, is instead of dual booting right off the bat, run a VM instance of Linux to see if it's something that you can like. Then if you do end up liking it, then dual boot and continue to use it from there.
Oh, and btw. Start out with Ubuntu for Linux... It's especially easy on the linux beginners.

agreed..PiratePirate
AmenSan
flickr®

I used Windows 7 and its great. I don't understand Linux OS ether :S
[Image: apoc.png]
(05-04-2011, 05:02 AM)apoC Wrote: I used Windows 7 and its great. I don't understand Linux OS ether :S
Thats not a bad thing. Your not gaining much from Linux, other than everything is free. And maybe some more computer knowledge under your belt.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
I've dualbooted Linux before, I liked the feel of it but the Command Module confused me.

I ended up deleteing it due to memory. I'm still thinking.
SupportForums for promotion!
I prefer linux, but it all depends on what you plan on doing with it.
Personally, I dual-boot Windows7 and Linux.
In my view the two biggest reason to choose Linux is because you want it for black hat activity. I do prefer the Windows interface and I like to run every application I want. Most applications are for windows OS so I think the most important reason not to choose Linux is because you lose much software. You should try installing Linux in a VM and see if you like it. You could also consider doing dual booth.