Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Linux or Windows ?
I've used Windows ever since I went on a computer, naturally I know how to work Windows easily and know where everything is and what things do.

After my boot.ini file got corrupt and I had no back up for my Windows OS I decided to use Ubuntu, which I had on a live CD. So far I'm liking Linux. I didn't really game on PC so I don't mind losing the ability to play them. I only really used Photoshop on Windows and the internet, but I could just use WINE if I wanted to run windows programs.

99.9% of malicious software is on Windows, so it's a bonus no worrying about it on Linux. My PC also boots faster.

I do like Windows, but I like Linux better.
Someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.
i would stick with Windows since you can use more programs than Linux.
I used Windows a very long time, but I did not like the structure of the system (I will not say why).
Now I use Linux for a while and the only time I go on Win 7 is when I need to work on C# programs or use a very proprietary software (that works only on Windows).

But the latest version of Ubuntu is very unstable (Unity crash, Black screen, etc.) and I will change soonly to Fedora 15 (with Gnome 3 Cool ).
Remember there is many Linux distros, and if you don't like one, you may love another. Smile
You should dualboot. I haven't used Ubuntu in a long time, but I found it a lot nicer than Windows.
or you can use virtual box
AmenSan
flickr®

I think windows is better for games and such, and using your favourite applications, since most don't work on linux.