Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Hibernation
(04-27-2011, 04:16 PM)Infinity Wrote: You said that you put it into hibernation mode at first, which is what confused me. Sleep mode is not a powering off option for your computer, ONLY hibernation mode. The only difference is that Sleep mode will not retain some of your previous data, since it will close any unnecessary programs I believe. I'm not too sure about Vista, but Windows 7 which is what i'm running has a Hybrid sleep mode which is designed more for desktops than laptops. But it's a combination of sleep and hibernation.

Hibernation is designed for laptops though, not sleepmode.
As far as I know, Vista doesn't have something like that.
(04-27-2011, 07:38 PM)The High Roller Wrote: OK, I am going to say that your computer is not hibernating because the feature is disabled, and the code that is generated does not know what to do to react to hibernation disabled when attempting to hibernate your computer after it is really low on battery.

If you would like to re-enable hibernation on your computer, download this application Shutdown Timer v2.5 (made by me) (100% safe Tongue).

Next, open and extract the file to your desktop for easy use.

Right click the application and run it as an administrator.

Then go to the Hibernate Option Feature and Hit "Enable Hibernation" as demonstrated below:
[Image: 5eebbb76f7dc45f835c36827e2ca435d.png]

This should prevent future data loss my friend.

I am extremely sorry to hear that you lost some important information. You can Recover that information/deleted files by using Recuva.
Before I try a program that could mess up my system made by someone I don't know, I want to comferm that hibernation mode is disabled or not.
(05-01-2011, 08:28 AM)Vengence Wrote: Try the thing the high roller suggested.
Note, your OS could be messed up aswell.
I think my operating system is a little messed up, sens if failed to reinstall Vista service pack 2 when Windows update found it, and when I tried to manually install it.
-Aelita
Maybe a battery side issue?
Check for recalls on your battery.
[Image: blackghost1.png]
How? And lately it's been working, though, now that I've said that it probably wont work.
-Aelita