Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Shockingly) My First GUI (OMG)
Yes it is terribly sad that I have been using the Windows Default GUI the whole time for two years but I think I have a more futuristic idea for my GUI. Tell me if you like it. I never really made a true GUI since never.

[Image: 135e2c489bbc838d52592d50daa3eac6.png]

Are those progressbars? Yes they are because I think it adds a more unique look for a drag bar. I coded it so when you click it the form shall drag along with the mouse, so its a drag bar lol. It is kind of a "whatever" look for a GUI but it was from scratch and a ten minute rush Yeye

I think it looks great.

Comments +

/Discuss
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Nothing special, and it doesn't hurt on the eyes. It is a step in the right direction. Good job.
I think the progress bars would look a lot better if they were a lot thinner, and perhaps have 3 of them.
Not a big fan of the "-" & "X" buttons.

Apart from that it's ok though. Not much to comment on though. Tongue It's quite basic.
(04-03-2011, 01:46 PM)Fragma Wrote: I think the progress bars would look a lot better if they were a lot thinner, and perhaps have 3 of them.
Not a big fan of the "-" & "X" buttons.

Apart from that it's ok though. Not much to comment on though. Tongue It's quite basic.

Hmmm, ill try that, your up to something their Fragma about more thinner progress bars. And do you have ideas as to how to replace the "_" and "X" buttons?
(04-03-2011, 04:18 PM)C0de_Override Wrote: Hmmm, ill try that, your up to something their Fragma about more thinner progress bars. And do you have ideas as to how to replace the "_" and "X" buttons?

Just have a play around on Photoshop. Make them a bit smaller, and add some layer styles to them. They just look a bit dull at the moment.
It's a start, and it's better than what I can do, but I wouldn't use it.
Nothing special, but however I like the neat design. Also, are form 1 and form 2 separated or are they together?
It looks like a simple background with the close and minimize buttons, you can do a lot more than this, but it's okay for a basic GUI. The "X" and "-" are way too big though.
(04-04-2011, 11:43 AM)Infinity Wrote: The "X" and "-" are way too big though.

Yes.

The gui is pretty basic but i like it.
(04-04-2011, 11:11 AM)VanCliffe Wrote: Nothing special, but however I like the neat design. Also, are form 1 and form 2 separated or are they together?

They are separated it is just that I had moved them near each other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C# GUI Help Infested Terran 3 1,008 11-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  GUI? FireMonkeyFun 3 844 10-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: SomeWhiteGuy?
  New GUI for program Infested Terran 15 2,635 10-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Philippines
  How to make a nice GUI! nextlive 49 12,282 04-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Resistance