Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFO design
(03-30-2011, 02:10 PM)Infinity Wrote: That could be a good idea, or maybe even something for an alien logo engraved into the glass dome? I'm still trying to plan out the design for the landing spikes. But in my newer version I also added a floor on the inside of the ship in behind the glass dome.

I don't want to add an alien on the inside of the glass because I think it would take away from the focus on the character going into the ship. I don't think it would feel right if I did that, it would definitely change the visual.

Yeh that's true. Perhaps engravings similar to the Alienware text would work?

[Image: alienware.jpg]
(03-30-2011, 03:30 PM)Fragma Wrote: Yeh that's true. Perhaps engravings similar to the Alienware text would work?

[Image: alienware.jpg]

maybe I could give you my psd and you could see what you would do with it. My engravings don't seem to look the best.
Sure I'll give it a go. You could probably do a better job than me though. I'm rusty with Photoshop, I only really use it for basic editing these days.
Try putting something like that on the silver part. Just change the opacity settings to get it right.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-30-2011, 04:33 PM)Untouch Wrote: Try putting something like that on the silver part. Just change the opacity settings to get it right.

That would look really bad in my opinion. It would end up looking like something out of Ikea.
(03-30-2011, 04:33 PM)Untouch Wrote: Try putting something like that on the silver part. Just change the opacity settings to get it right.

I don't understand why that would make it look better. If those are supposed to give a striation effect to the material on the ship then it wouldn't work. I'm sure they wouldn't fly in one direction all the time. They rotate and things can hit the ship at many different angles.

Here's the PSD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwm4ngk2srhokpg
I did a pretty awful job at it...

[Image: ufo.png]
At least you tried, I had mine like that, but with a bit more transparency on the actual text.
(03-30-2011, 05:40 PM)Infinity Wrote: At least you tried, I had mine like that, but with a bit more transparency on the actual text.

Yeh to be honest I could probably do a better job when I'm not so tired. It's nearly 2am here, time for bed I think!

Wow, this is great. How long did it take?
[Image: intel.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design? sponnerjhon 25 5,151 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Toph