Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFO design
(03-30-2011, 01:37 PM)Untouch Wrote: What part of my comment are you talking about? lol

The soft light being above the UFO in some parts
The beam is quite clearly underneath the silver part lol. Tongue

I agree though, the silver part does need some kind of texture added. Just something subtle though.

No I said the beam was over the silver part.
The soft light just looks badly done. Maybe add a small strip in the center on the soft lights to make it look like a proper lights?
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-30-2011, 01:41 PM)Untouch Wrote: No I said the beam was over the silver part.
The soft light just looks badly done. Maybe add a small strip in the center on the soft lights to make it look like a proper lights?

It's not over the silver part lol. Thats an inner glow... The lights look fine to me.

Here's my update:

[Image: ufo2.jpg]
Looks very nice with that texture. You didn't over do it which is good.

Maybe add some alien silhouettes in the blue orb? Smile
(03-30-2011, 02:03 PM)Fragma Wrote: Looks very nice with that texture. You didn't over do it which is good.

Maybe add some alien silhouettes in the blue orb? Smile

That could be a good idea, or maybe even something for an alien logo engraved into the glass dome? I'm still trying to plan out the design for the landing spikes. But in my newer version I also added a floor on the inside of the ship in behind the glass dome.

I don't want to add an alien on the inside of the glass because I think it would take away from the focus on the character going into the ship. I don't think it would feel right if I did that, it would definitely change the visual.
(03-27-2011, 06:44 PM)Infinity Wrote: The original 3D render is just arched back into the air if that creates that illusion, but I tried to get it as accurate as I could, The shadow should be a lot shorter in vertical length for that reason of him arching his chest into the air, but the UFO doesn't have to hover at a parallel angle to the ground. I'm sure they tilt in the air a bit kind of like helicopters do. I don't see anything odd about the perspective, but maybe someone else will catch a flaw in the image now that you mentioned it.

I would release the PSD, but i'd have to take the 3D character out since it is a paid stockphoto image by copyright.
You can fix that by changing the light to hit the ground at an angle, although it might a bit awkward.
Signature limit - Staff.
(03-30-2011, 02:22 PM)Calx Wrote: You can fix that by changing the light to hit the ground at an angle, although it might a bit awkward.

It is hitting the ground at an angle. Look at the oval on the ground for the spotlight. I didn't see anything wrong with the perspective though so I never changed it.
Lol, the pattern looks bad. I said add a texture not a pattern. Tongue
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-30-2011, 02:51 PM)Untouch Wrote: Lol, the pattern looks bad. I said add a texture not a pattern. Tongue

The pattern is fine, find me a suitable texture if you think it looks bad. I don't think you've seen too many UFO's around lately have you? Smile I don't know what you would put down for a texture, and I don't think they would get damaged very often. I'm almost certain that other intelligent life has a very strong metal/element/material that they would have built them out of to prevent any radiation, heat, or space particles/matter from damaging their ship.

Textures are patterns, they are both visual patterns.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design? sponnerjhon 25 5,152 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Toph