Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Chrome's Spell Check
I hate it, who else does? As much as I love Chrome it is the only thing that ticks me off a bit.

I wouldn't mind much normally, but for a word misspelled like
Capitilzation
doesn't have a correction in Chrome. But if I typed it into Google the correct spelling is right there.

Surely there is a reason the two aren't integrated..but I can't figure out what.
En_US dictionary.
I disable spell check, the underline is annoying. Plus I double check.
In Mozilla Firefox, you have an option to correct your spelling if you've spelled something incorrectly. But, that kind of feature in Chrome would annoy me terribly. That's why I don't use it anymore. I don't like Google Chrome.
Yeh this has really annoyed me in the past also. The spell check is very inaccurate.
I'm pretty bad at spelling, so I often find myself trying to spell the same word 2-3 times before Chrome actually gives me the word I was looking for.
(03-26-2011, 12:41 PM)Fragma Wrote: Yeh this has really annoyed me in the past also. The spell check is very inaccurate.
I'm pretty bad at spelling, so I often find myself trying to spell the same word 2-3 times before Chrome actually gives me the word I was looking for.

Lmao! Same here hahaha.
(03-26-2011, 12:38 PM)Laugh Wrote: I wouldn't mind much normally, but for a word misspelled like
Capitilzation
doesn't have a correction in Chrome. But if I typed it into Google the correct spelling is right there.

Capitilzation is spelled incorrectly using my version of Chrome.

(03-26-2011, 12:38 PM)Laugh Wrote: I hate it, who else does? As much as I love Chrome it is the only thing that ticks me off a bit.

Same here. Can any of the grammar/spelling nazis tell me if "alot"* is correct? I'm starting to have my doubts about Chrome's spell check a lot* recently.
[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
I use Opera's spell check, much better if you ask me :3
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-26-2011, 12:46 PM)wtftwice Wrote: Capitilzation is spelled incorrectly using my version of Chrome.

(03-26-2011, 12:38 PM)Laugh Wrote: I hate it, who else does? As much as I love Chrome it is the only thing that ticks me off a bit.

Same here. Can any of the grammar/spelling nazis tell me if "alot"* is correct? I'm starting to have my doubts about Chrome's spell check a lot* recently.

It is "a lot."
Google Chrome is terrible in spell checking, I switched to Mozilla Firefox for now. This 4.0 RC is sucking really badly because it keeps crashing, but I hope the original wont crash as often,

>,<
[Image: t5BWm.png]
I only dislike it because some times it just gives you completely off topic "Correct Spelling Words" when you misspell a word.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chrome VS Firefox Thomas 63 13,859 12-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Hydroxyde
  Get the old YouTube back! [GOOGLE CHROME ONLY] Emotion 21 3,890 12-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Techie.
  How the Google Chrome Logo was Made Twicks 16 1,629 12-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Techie.
  Google Chrome Re-Direct [New Tab Page] AceInfinity 2 1,830 11-14-2010, 02:53 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  this is how the google chrome was made cyberninja 6 1,021 10-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Bok1ca