Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TuT]How to Change Log In Screen!! [TuT]
My log on image:

I love it. Smile

I might actually make a thread so people can show off there log on screen images.
(04-01-2011, 10:23 AM)Fragma Wrote: My log on image:

I love it. Smile

I might actually make a thread so people can show off there log on screen images.

Not my kind of login image there lol. When I change mine, I might try to make a custom one, and try to fit a box in place for the login area with a background behind it. I changed my login sound, but it required a dll edit.
(04-01-2011, 10:27 AM)Infinity Wrote: Not my kind of login image there lol. When I change mine, I might try to make a custom one, and try to fit a box in place for the login area with a background behind it. I changed my login sound, but it required a dll edit.

I change it quite often but this is the image I'm using currently.
I think it's really nice, and also appreciate just how hard it would be to create. Maybe that's part of why I like it so much lol.
(04-01-2011, 10:27 AM)Infinity Wrote: I changed my login sound, but it required a dll edit.

How do you do that? Huh
I don't splel check.
Awh yeah I know a program similar to this one,but I forgot the name.
(04-01-2011, 10:44 AM)Scalise Wrote: How do you do that? Huh

There's a dll on your computer that is packed with sounds from your default sounds folder, if you can change the dll's reference to a sound, and you know which one is for the logon sound, instead of that 'magical fairy' sound that they give you, I changed it to more of an 'aero robot' theme sound. I'm just making up random names lol, but it's hard to describe the sound that I set it to as default without giving you a preview of the sound file. The point it that it's possible to change the logon sound.

I should actually call it the boot sound because I changed the one sound that starts when the Microsoft Windows GUI shows up right before the login process.
(04-01-2011, 10:49 AM)Infinity Wrote: There's a dll on your computer that is packed with sounds from your default sounds folder, if you can change the dll's reference to a sound, and you know which one is for the logon sound, instead of that 'magical fairy' sound that they give you, I changed it to more of an 'aero robot' theme sound. I'm just making up random names lol, but it's hard to describe the sound that I set it to as default without giving you a preview of the sound file. The point it that it's possible to change the logon sound.

I should actually call it the boot sound because I changed the one sound that starts when the Microsoft Windows GUI shows up right before the login process.

Would be awesome if you did a tutorial for that mate. If it's not too much work that is.
(04-01-2011, 10:50 AM)Fragma Wrote: Would be awesome if you did a tutorial for that mate. If it's not too much work that is.

Sure i'll try making one up sometime soon. You just need to understand how a basic dll works, and which dll is associated with the boot sounds and boot process.
(04-01-2011, 11:02 AM)Infinity Wrote: Sure i'll try making one up sometime soon. You just need to understand how a basic dll works, and which dll is associated with the boot sounds and boot process.

Is it possible to use any music file format? Or is there a restriction?
(04-01-2011, 11:10 AM)Fragma Wrote: Is it possible to use any music file format? Or is there a restriction?

.wav formats only for the music, and I would recommend just a simple 5-10 second sound instead of a full song.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] Make your web surfing fast Jinu 10 2,463 11-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: javance
  ★ ★ ★ [TUT]Setup your Virtual Box! [Very detailed!] ★ ★ ★ Stiggie 41 7,252 12-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Rain.
  [TUT] Make your PC in tip top shape[/TUT] Stiggie 64 23,680 12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Last Post: DaUB3R
  [Tut] Increase Startup Speed Xzotic 81 23,442 12-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Last Post: prince_of_persia
  [TUT]How to shutdown, restart, sleep, or lock computer from a phone Annuit Coeptis 8 3,025 08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines