Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] Make your PC in tip top shape[/TUT]
Hello Smile

Today i am going to make my second tutorial Smile

Introduction
Is your Pc running slow? You cant even start up without waiting for a 10 minutes? Well then this is your answer! Just follow this guide and i will guarantee, it will run like a Ferrari Smile

First things first
Now we want to make sure that the Pc is running without any sort of viruses of any kind..

First step to virus free is Malware anti bytes. It is a really great program to detect and delete viruses. Now i do not want to talk much about it but follow this step:

1. You want to download it. Download

2. When opening it. Go to the Update and press "Check for updates".

3. After that the Virus Database will be updated and, can fight back on the newest viruses.

4. Thats said so you want to make a full scan! This will scan your hole PC, and look for any sort of viruses.

5. Now wait until it is finished.

6. When it is finished Hopefully you will have no viruses at all Big Grin!

7. Now if doesn't look like this, then I'll highly recommend posting a thread in the whitehat section and a team of professional virus cleaning will help you out of it .

Second things second?

Okay now you have cleaned yourself from viruses, now you need to remove any sort of unused programs and startups.

1. You need to remove anything you don't need to start up, with the boot.

2. So go to start menu, write msconfig and press the start tap.

3. Now remove every single thing, that you wound need. But make sure to double check what you are doing, because it could be your antivirus , your shutting off, so take a second look at what you are shutting of .

4. Now when you have done that. You will need to uninstall unneeded programs. And for that you need to have another program.

Iobit uninstaller Link- Kinda direct , wait for 5 seconds.

5. When you have found the files you want to uninstall, then press "Uninstall"

6. When you have uninstalled it like normal you will get a option to do a "Power full" Scanning. Press that and you should get a result like this:
When you got that then press delete [In my case "Slet"].

7. Then you have successfully uninstalled your program and deleted some stuff from the start up.

Third thing thir.. Ohh forget it .

Now we are so far. Now we have uninstalled unneeded programs and deleted unused things from the start up. Now we are going to jump to defrag your hard disk. Defrag means deleting stuff the PC doesn't need.

1. You can either do it with My favorite program or you can do it with Windows standard program. In this case we are going to use my favorite program .

2. You need to download it first, believe me it is well worth it.
Smart defrag Download - Direct.

3. Now you need to defrag your hard disk. But here comes the "cool" part. You can optimize it as well! That means, it will move around the files that is incorrectly placed, and do some other secret stuff.

4. When you have defrag and optimized, you done with this step..

Finishing

Now we have scanned for viruses. Deleted unused programs and unchecked start up apps, and defrag and optimized your Hard disk.
Now i want you to have the safe place in your PC. So now your PC should be very fast Big Grin

Tips
1. Never run a file without scanning it.
2. If it is virus free, and you are still suspicious run it in sandbox. It will tell if a RAT was trying to inject.

- Enjoy Smile

P.S I got this from my HF account, you can Pm me for proof Smile
A full MBAM scan really is not needed.
Hardly Any viri sit outside of Program Files,User Folder and Windows Folder.

As for that "registry cleaner" i STRONGLY reccommend staying the fudge away from them,they wreck systems at about 20% the chances of "driver checkers."

Also some people dont know whats vital in msconfig or not,they could end up half crippling windows in there.
Scanning daily is what im doing. To remove all infected files. Big Grin
[Image: 9fca555503.png]
I got some swag, do you have it too?
This is a pretty helpful guide. Thanks!
very good tutorial , and very detailed
Thanks guys Big Grin!

(04-01-2011, 06:06 AM)The Doctor Wrote: Also some people dont know whats vital in msconfig or not,they could end up half crippling windows in there.

But make sure to double check what you are doing, because it could be your antivirus , your shutting off, so take a second look at what you are shutting of .
That is what i wrote ;)

For msconfig boot selection, I believe there is a checkbox (in Win7) that allows you to hide all Microsoft programs from the list, so you don't prevent stopping anything useful (such as explorer.exe, which will make your taskbar disappear, lol).

If you do happen to screw something up, you could always Start Menu > Run > whatever .exe file you canceled. If that doesn't work, I believe rebooting in safe mode will allow you to go back in and edit your msconfig boot menu again. Thumbsup
I don't splel check.
I don't think most of the software downloads you supplied are really necessary. MBAM is great, I use it often (but only ever do a quick scan). However I don't see any point in downloading an uninstaller program when you can use the one that is in your control panel. Same goes for the defrag program.

(04-01-2011, 10:34 AM)Scalise Wrote: For msconfig boot selection, I believe there is a checkbox (in Win7) that allows you to hide all Microsoft programs from the list, so you don't prevent stopping anything useful (such as explorer.exe, which will make your taskbar disappear, lol).

If you do happen to screw something up, you could always Start Menu > Run > whatever .exe file you canceled. If that doesn't work, I believe rebooting in safe mode will allow you to go back in and edit your msconfig boot menu again. Thumbsup
That is correct Big Grin You can do that also Big Grin
(04-01-2011, 10:37 AM)Fragma Wrote: I don't think most of the software downloads you supplied are really necessary. MBAM is great, I use it often (but only ever do a quick scan). However I don't see any point in downloading an uninstaller program when you can use the one that is in your control panel. Same goes for the defrag program.

Why you need the uninstaller, is because some program left behind [After uninstall] Some files and registry keys, that you don't use, and this program search's for it, and deletes it, on own will Big Grin
The DL to malwarebytes is broke :/
Is the dl the pro version?!?
[Image: rara.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] Make your web surfing fast Jinu 10 2,387 11-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: javance
  ★ ★ ★ [TUT]Setup your Virtual Box! [Very detailed!] ★ ★ ★ Stiggie 41 6,873 12-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Rain.
  [Tut] Increase Startup Speed Xzotic 81 22,867 12-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Last Post: prince_of_persia
  [TUT]How to shutdown, restart, sleep, or lock computer from a phone Annuit Coeptis 8 2,934 08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines
  [TUT]Control your PC anywhere! Mastermrz 17 4,084 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Drakon