Poll: Should we have an Emotional Support section?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
47.62%
10 47.62%
No
52.38%
11 52.38%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Emotional support.
Well how about, do it but don't call it 'Emotional'.
(10-18-2009, 01:05 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(10-18-2009, 12:43 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: You're wrong. This is a SUPPORT FORUM not just a computer support forum.

At the idea, it wouldn't be a horrible idea. People are more susceptible to opening up in a forum where no one really knows them rather than talking to others IRL. I don't know how popular it would really be but I think it's a possibility.

The thing is, most active people here know each other. Maybe not IRL, but, from this and other forums, and talk regularly on MSN. That's why I voted no. But, I also agreed with an above post about anonymous posting. Where, maybe, only Omni could see who was who (maybe mods, but, that's not really necessary).

I didn't think about it that way, good point, Omni has many members tied to many forums.

(10-18-2009, 01:10 PM)Headshot Wrote: Well how about, do it but don't call it 'Emotional'.

I think it will be titled a little more elegantly than that. lol
[Image: arch2.png]
Well, this wouldn't interest me personally, but it doesn't mean that i'm against the idea.
I believe that everything is good to help other people.
Sometimes, just take a try to explain our problems is enough to feel better.
And some positive answers could change the mood of someone in the world, that's not negligeable.

I voted yes. It would change a bit the communauty.
I think it would be a good idea to have something like this. Everybody needs life help every once in a while.

I can, however, see that having someone say the wrong thing just trying to be "that guy" could really make things worse. But I think most of the people that would visit that section would have the intention of helping the people that need it, not to get a kick out of someone else's misery.
(10-18-2009, 10:29 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Oh that's coming along with the Automobile Support
Sarcasm.
(10-18-2009, 04:13 PM)PaNiK Wrote: Is any one here a licensed therapist?

Not sure how that matters.
I would imagine most topics here dont have "licenced" people related to it.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I dont think that would be very popular
(10-18-2009, 04:19 PM)nevets04 Wrote: I dont think that would be very popular
It would be, since I'm here. Roflmao
(10-18-2009, 04:02 PM)Halcyon Wrote: Sarcasm.

What makes you think it was sarcasm? I created the thread about the auto section. Read it and point out any sarcasm you may think exists.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=1593
[Image: arch2.png]
Quote: Is any one here a licensed therapist?

I doubt that, but I also doubt that everyone who helps here is certified Tongue I'm certainly not, but I like to think of myself as helpful. Everyone human has empathy. Whether they express or not is not important. In that sense, anyone can help out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,240 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 764 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  Email Notification for Emotional Support Peter L 31 8,082 05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,439 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Emotional 'Support' Reality 7 1,446 10-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Omniscient