Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SF Infinity [Support Black] Firefox Theme
I cannot wait to see it!
I'll come out with a unreleased preview of it in a couple days. Still quite a bit of work to do to finish the entire theme.
I'm having trouble with creating a animated loading.gif for the tab page load indicator. My spiraling circle doesn't look very good. This is why I hate working with .gif images. They don't work very well for transparency tolerance. I've tried every option but the image still looks quite bad. I only need a 16x16 image too.

I wanted to make somehting like this without the box around the animation:

[Image: icon-loading-animated.gif]
(03-20-2011, 12:19 PM)Infinity Wrote: I'm having trouble with creating a animated loading.gif for the tab page load indicator. My spiraling circle doesn't look very good. This is why I hate working with .gif images. They don't work very well for transparency tolerance. I've tried every option but the image still looks quite bad. I only need a 16x16 image too.

Yea, gifs suck with transparency. Maybe try finding one on google?
I might be able to touch up the gif for you if it isn't too complex. When I say touch up I mean clean up edges etc...I haven't touched Photoshop in awhile though.
I haven't tried this before but I heard that if you save your animation as an SWF file, it will be higher quality.
I've been testing out http://preloaders.net/en/circular to see if that would work. But so far it's just as bad as what I can create in photoshop.

I can try converting it to an swf. I just have to change the css styles to match loading.gif as loading.swf instead.
I think you've all deserved a Beta 'Hype' preview of what this looks like so far... This is just a test version, not the official one, and i'm not quite ready to release this yet, I still need to make up quite a few more images, and edit their unique styles.

Full Web Browser Graphic Preview (Click to View)

Theme Info (Click to View)

Small Thumbnail Preview (Click to View)
(03-20-2011, 09:34 PM)Infinity Wrote: I think you've all deserved a Beta 'Hype' preview of what this looks like so far... This is just a test version, not the official one, and i'm not quite ready to release this yet, I still need to make up quite a few more images, and edit their unique styles.

Full Web Browser Graphic Preview (Click to View)

Theme Info (Click to View)

Small Thumbnail Preview (Click to View)

I'm not usually a fan of really dark themes like that but I like it a lot, you've done a great job so far. The buttons look really good. The only things I have to suggest right now are to change the text color away from pure white, as the contrast can hurt your eyes sometimes, and maybe add some more blue gradients in there.
Looking Good Man!

I will be sure to fire up FireFox when the full theme is complete.

Just to install your theme! Big Grin

I will try to keep up on your progress until you are done and tell you what I think of it.

Good Jo so far!
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
I've tried blue gradients over top of the background for the toolbar but if I add any blue gradient PNG32 images over top of it, it gives the grey a really unappealing shade for some reason. Unfortunately you don't get to see all of the magic in the 'animation' that comes from all of the CSS work i've done so far with the hover/active/inactive properties. The buttons glow a fairly nice blue when you hover over the back/forward, refresh, stop, and home buttons. And right now I do have a blue gradient overlay on hover for the menubar at the top, as well as when a person hovers over top of the Favorites items on the Favorites bar.

I didn't have any Favorites/bookmarks added on the bar for the preview because I just wanted a plain realistic theme view, but there's lots more to see that you can't just by looking at this still image. You don't even get to see my fancy scroll bar since the web page didn't exceed the vertical limit. (Or the horizontal one.)

(03-20-2011, 09:42 PM)Shock Wrote: Looking Good Man!

I will be sure to fire up FireFox when the full theme is complete.

Just to install your theme! Big Grin

I will try to keep up on your progress until you are done and tell you what I think of it.

Good Jo so far!

lol i'm actually using this beta version right now to view SupportForums, I like the style of it. Dark Themes aren't so hard on the eyes compared to the lighter themes I find.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Infinity GFX Support Black Firefox Theme Released! [Download] AceInfinity 29 8,177 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Awesome Firefox theme: Chromifox Elektrisk 14 4,300 04-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Last Post: I Am Divine
  Black Stratini - Greatest Firefox Theme! Viciousness 11 4,578 10-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Marda