Support Forums

Full Version: SF Infinity [Support Black] Firefox Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm currently working on a Firefox Theme, so this will be the official release thread as soon as i'm finished Smile

This thread will be updated frequently. I've decided to start with the basic stuff first to get things done in the order that they should be done to ensure that I don't have as many screw ups.

[Image: InfinityGraphicFX.png]

[Image: preview3.png]
Release Date: March 23rd, 2011

Download: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid180036

[Image: icon-1.png]

Creator: Infinity
Credits: SupportForums.net

Full Web Browser Graphic Preview (Click to View)

Progress Updates:
  • Added a few of the required css files, and creating the directories for the different skins
  • Added information about the theme; name, credits, homepage url, UUID, preview, creator
  • Working on xml and theme visual
  • Created a Theme Icon
  • Finished adding the tab navigation images, and css
  • Finished theme configuration files; .manifest, and install.rdf
  • Adding directories for the file layout
  • Set up a direct theme image location outside of the internal .jar files
  • Created scrollbar images
  • Added scrollbar css
  • Finished adding the autoscroll image with part of it's css styles
  • Finished tab layout css and images, hover/active/inactive
  • Got the loading icon to the best quality gif that I could make
  • Edited bookmarks, rss, and text areas
  • Added search bar image and style
  • Re-organized .jar directories and fixed the theme location
  • Changed the toolbar background to a darker gradient

Important: I've now came out with 2 versions of this theme.

• Firefox theme for v3.6
• Newer theme compatible with v4.0

They are both the same theme, but in order to make the theme look good if you are running Firefox 4, you'll have to right click on the empty space at the top and select the Menu Bar item so that it appears. This will just enable the menu with Fire, Edit, View, etc at the top.

I personally like to have that up there anyway because it's easier access to the functions instead of having to use that one button in the top left for everything as a default. Everything that I need is on that file menu.

If you don't have it checked, it will look more like google chrome, which is basically Firefox 4's way of copying googles popular web browser as they came out with version 4...

You can decide if you want that menu bar at the top visible or not, but the theme is still compatible with Firefox 4, and 3.6. I will just be releasing 2 different downloads so that you can choose which one you will be downloading if you want my theme.

Image preview for Firefox 4 (Click to View)
I made one of those once, it's pretty easy and fun. What's yours going to look like?
I think i'm going to try and make mine a glossy blue theme. It should look pretty nice, i'm creating a full theme from scratch, bottom to top.
teaaaaaser pl0x Big Grin
(03-19-2011, 06:09 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]teaaaaaser pl0x Big Grin

Yeah, can we get a preview? :3
Is it a persona, or an actual theme. I'd like to see this. Pirate
(03-19-2011, 06:19 PM)Man Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a persona, or an actual theme. I'd like to see this. Pirate

Oh, maybe I got confused then. I only created a persona before, where you make top and bottom bars. You're creating a whole theme?
(03-19-2011, 06:25 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, maybe I got confused then. I only created a persona before, where you make top and bottom bars. You're creating a whole theme?

Yes, tabs, toolbars, ect.. It's not just images and publishing though, there's css involved as well. Don't expect it to be done by tomorrow though lol.
(03-19-2011, 06:57 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, tabs, toolbars, ect.. It's not just images and publishing though, there's css involved as well. Don't expect it to be done by tomorrow though lol.

Oh, I see. Well, maybe you'll inspire me to make my own lol
Interested in seeing your results.
Good Luck Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6