Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suddenly don't have a CD drive...
The drive doesn't manually open sometimes? what about if you manually eject it from the computer itself? Are you sure something didn't hit it? lol Usually that is what happens after it takes a hit or gets dropped.
So it doesn't read any disk that you put in?
Active
You've possibly knocked your laptop and caused a wire to come loose, although it isn't likely to happen. Such things do happen. You have checked your device manager for any kind irregularity's haven't you?
Ok, I can say one thing. To you guys who are saying that the wire is not connected, if the wire is loose or not connected it wouldn't open up. All I can say to OP is scan your computer with HJT or Malwarebytes, this is strange, and it might be a registry error or a strong-ass trojan. Most likely a registry error.

Best of luck,
Man aka Richard

I'm more famous than mountains, I'm more famous than watches.
I almost have the same problem but my PC knows that their is a CD drive but none of my CDs works.
install a new driver for it Smile
Quote:Ok, I can say one thing. To you guys who are saying that the wire is not connected, if the wire is loose or not connected it wouldn't open up. All I can say to OP is scan your computer with HJT or Malwarebytes, this is strange, and it might be a registry error or a strong-ass trojan. Most likely a registry error.

Best of luck,
Man aka Richard
I don't think it's a malware problem, why would some malware disable the CD drive?
If you know how to, open the back and see if everything is connected properly.

If it is not something obvious, you need to go to your local computer shop and they will fix it.

PM me for any help with checking the insides Smile

Also, if it is not hardware, then you may well have a virus that deleted the drivers or blocking it so you cannot re-install windows possibly?

[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
Learning in progress...
(04-11-2011, 11:34 AM)myfudbot Wrote: install a new driver for it Smile

Since when do DVD/CD drives have drivers? Please.

icey, maybe you dropped on it? or hit it with something?
Have you tried opening up your computer and check if there is a loose wire or you might burned it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen suddenly not working Cassie1234 3 1,043 12-08-2019, 09:57 PM
Last Post: JenniferRodriquez
  Need help with my CD/DVD Drive FaDeD-NiNjA 4 985 08-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Last Post: FaDeD-NiNjA