Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character - Test
Not too bad, I like the idea, his new face makes him look like he's a smaller life body inside of a bigger armor suit
Thanks. I got the idea for the face from a Marc Craste character:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYlJTZDOXQ7eatzHx-iZ3...lKx2iA&t=1]

I've also added an image from the render region showing the full rig for those who are interested.
(04-01-2011, 02:26 PM)Fragma Wrote: Thanks. I got the idea for the face from a Marc Craste character:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYlJTZDOXQ7eatzHx-iZ3...lKx2iA&t=1]

I've also added an image from the render region showing the full rig for those who are interested.

I think the version in that preview is better than yours though lol Smile

The way you inverted it seems 'different' i'll say (maybe because it is, but it looks odd lol). Maybe you could have his pac-man ghost shape as the silver, then his arms and legs as black, and have the face on the inside black like this?

Unless you didn't want to copy what they did.
(04-01-2011, 02:29 PM)Infinity Wrote: I think the version in that preview is better than yours though lol Smile

The way you inverted it seems 'different' i'll say (maybe because it is, but it looks odd lol). Maybe you could have his pac-man ghost shape as the silver, then his arms and legs as black, and have the face on the inside black like this?

Unless you didn't want to copy what they did.

I only took the basic idea from that image. I tried to make it as different as possible, yet retain the same kind of effect if you get what I mean.
I'm not sure what you mean by "The way you inverted it".

Also I'd like to keep his body all black. The general idea at first was to make him basically a balaclava character. Although it would have been a difficult task making his body a wool type texture so I decided to just do something a little stranger. In the final animation, his eyes will have motion blur attached to them, so it will look even more surreal. My main aim with this is for people to find themselves in a weird kind of trance when they watch it lol (Not literally). Also every time he takes a step, the floor will act as though it's made out of water.

Obviously my character isn't as good as Marc Craste's. He's a professional and has been doing it for years and years. I'm some what of a beginner at character modelling in Cinema 4D, but I'm getting the hang of it.
By inverted I meant that you decided to make the inner face behind the 'mask' a grey color, while he has his face black, and the suit grey. You did the opposite lol Smile
(04-01-2011, 02:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: By inverted I meant that you decided to make the inner face behind the 'mask' a grey color, while he has his face black, and the suit grey. You did the opposite lol Smile

Oh right so you meant the colours. The only things I took from that image were the eyes being bright white, and the section around the eyes being set inside his head. I still have a good few weeks to work on the character so it really is still at the beginning stages. (Even though it's nearly finished, it still has a long way to go).
It really seems good, but you should make the body little smaller and maybe make it running, it would seem awesome.
(04-02-2011, 09:07 AM)Tuskarr Wrote: It really seems good, but you should make the body little smaller and maybe make it running, it would seem awesome.

I think the body size is fine. I'm not ready to animate it yet, but he won't be running. He'll be a slow mover. Tongue
(04-02-2011, 10:09 AM)Fragma Wrote: I think the body size is fine. I'm not ready to animate it yet, but he won't be running. He'll be a slow mover. Tongue

Why slow? He doesn't look like the slow type. I would say that he isn't a runner, but he's one of those characters who has a fast paced walk/stride.
(04-02-2011, 10:31 AM)Infinity Wrote: Why slow? He doesn't look like the slow type. I would say that he isn't a runner, but he's one of those characters who has a fast paced walk/stride.

He's slow because he's lanky. His movement's will be slow and lazy.
I'll look for a clip which I was influenced by and you'll see what I mean.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Character Design Fragma 19 1,692 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Represent
  Character Preview Fragma 25 3,207 05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Raνe
  First Character Trial AceInfinity 25 4,014 03-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Character Fragma 14 1,984 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Lunchbox
  Another Vector Character... Fragma 19 4,330 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Fragma