Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character - Test
Here is a character I'm currently working on. Note that this is literally just a mock up and I will be totally re-modelling this for the final character. This was done really quickly just to get an idea of what it might look like, and the final character will be modelled using character blueprints.

Also, the final character won't have a metallic shine on it. It will be textured as a balaclava, which will look completely different.

I'm basically just showing you guys my thought process at the very beginning stages. The character will be rigged, and animated.

You should add more to the body. Maybe some attire or something over the belly area if it's going to be a plain simple character. Like a grey oval on the frontside for the stomach. I'm not sure what would look good for attire, but he looks fairly simple for now. The only contrast is the eyes, then the body is just a triangular shape.
Can you make him dance?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(03-18-2011, 03:26 PM)Infinity Wrote: You should add more to the body. Maybe some attire or something over the belly area if it's going to be a plain simple character. Like a grey oval on the frontside for the stomach. I'm not sure what would look good for attire, but he looks fairly simple for now. The only contrast is the eyes, then the body is just a triangular shape.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think that would ruin it. I like how simple it is at the moment. I will be adding a mouth though.
(03-18-2011, 03:26 PM)Cybr Wrote: Can you make him dance?

I can but he's not really the dancing type.
Bumppp.. More feedback please!
what do you mean by blueprint, but it has a nice look to it. I almost like the metallic shine to it.
(03-19-2011, 02:12 PM)RDCA Wrote: what do you mean by blueprint, but it has a nice look to it. I almost like the metallic shine to it.

Just drawings of the character from the front, back & side which I can use as a guide when modelling it.
(03-19-2011, 02:14 PM)Fragma Wrote: Just drawings of the character from the front, back & side which I can use as a guide when modelling it.

His center of gravity pisses me off xD
(03-19-2011, 02:52 PM)Mous Wrote: His center of gravity pisses me off xD

What do you mean?
(03-19-2011, 02:57 PM)Fragma Wrote: What do you mean?

Well, look at his anatomy, then image trying to stand up.

You'll get a rough idea of where his center of gravity would be at
to be able to do so - given physics applied to him.

xD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Character Design Fragma 19 1,694 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Represent
  Character Preview Fragma 25 3,209 05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Raνe
  First Character Trial AceInfinity 25 4,020 03-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Character Fragma 14 1,988 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Lunchbox
  Another Vector Character... Fragma 19 4,336 10-11-2010, 01:40 PM