Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[HELP] Visual Basic Problem
I've been working on a project using Visual Basic Express Edition, and it's been going fine. Recently however, trying to compile and run the program yields a problem. When I click Debug (or even just launch the .exe file for that matter), the program freezes up. I cannot click anywhere on it or interact with it in any way. If I relaunch the program and close it immediately, the program freezes and then closes two minutes later.

The same problems have been occurring with my Visual Studio - both 2008 and the free 2010 Beta.

I've taken to working with an IDE called SharpDevelop, but any program made with VB Express/VB Studio that I happen to download does not work.

Is it possible to fix this?

P.S. A similar thing has been happening when trying to open Compiled HTML Help Files (.chm). I now use a utility called UltraChm and it's working. Possibly related...?

Thank you.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
did u try reinstalling it?
~
That thought occurred to me previously, and I am in the process of doing it as we speak.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
good, did your problem got solved?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To make an advanced Operating System in Visual Basic 2010 ? Mohamed Samir 9 11,488 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  [Visual Basic] FTP Uploader [Tutorial] Coding Support 6 2,714 08-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Kenneth
  Visual Studio Bill Nye The Science Guy 1 889 03-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Visual Basic Guide - Buttons Death Demise 9 4,668 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Visual Basic Guides, Tutorials, Web Resources, and E-books Compilation simply_mark 1 1,613 11-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Last Post: TalishHF