Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping]
Freezing a hard drive causes problems. For instance there is moisture all in a freezer. Moisture will destroy your HDD. If it freezes to long the little thing that reads the drives can completely scratch the disks on the platter. It's not worth the risk IMO.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

(03-10-2011, 03:12 PM)Codad Law Wrote: Freezing a hard drive causes problems. For instance there is moisture all in a freezer. Moisture will destroy your HDD. If it freezes to long the little thing that reads the drives can completely scratch the disks on the platter. It's not worth the risk IMO.

I wouldn't try it with moisture or not.

But some freezers have moisture control on them, so that you don't end up with ice on the things you put into it the could lead to freezer burnt items. So that might not be a problem in my opinion. I just don't know why it has worked for some people. But it has. I just won't be trying it. You are supposed to put it inside a plastic bag as well when you do it from what i've read. So I don't think moisture would be a problem in that case.

Never had a Hard Drive issue before because I maintain mine properly and do frequent maintenance like defrag and disk cleanup.

The HD froze.
Maybe it got overheated?
[Image: blackghost1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,804 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,745 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate Omniscient 124 44,672 07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Business.Gov
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,534 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Replacing internal HDD i/o error Annuit Coeptis 7 2,718 06-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis