Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is space infinite?
If the Universe is growing as what science believe it, then it's infinite since it doesn't stop and keeps growing in a speed of light. But If one would reach it's boundary, then that one cease to exist.

(03-07-2011, 12:22 AM)MackCrack Wrote: If the Universe is growing as what science believe it, then it's infinite since it doesn't stop and keeps growing in a speed of light. But If one would reach it's boundary, then that one cease to exist.

I'll say that's impossible to reach the boundries of our Universe, not now nor in a distant future, atleast not alive.

(03-07-2011, 12:26 AM)Gaijin Wrote: I'll say that's impossible to reach the boundries of our Universe, not now nor in a distant future, atleast not alive.

I'm really curious myself if in the far future, someone can hit the boundary of the Universe. It seems impossible but like what they said, there's no impossible.
The universe is in an Constant loop, what's not there, gets the existence once it's shaped, imaginary or physically.
While the Universe expands, the border (if any) gets further and further away in both sences, space and time.
The end of the Universe is both in the Past as in the Future, once a life form is able to reacht he end, the border will already be moved further away.. therefore impossible to reach.
I think its infinite at least in human terms as we don't have a 100% fool proof way to get to anything past about the distance of the moon unless you send up preteens that will be old men when they get there.
[Image: sfsig.png]
(03-05-2011, 12:25 PM)NekoChan Wrote: [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bwoJRzlTjA[/yt]

Short video I uploaded explains you.

I agree that there is always more to the eye, but I wanna stick to the one universe thing.........
(03-07-2011, 12:26 AM)Pantomath Wrote: I'll say that's impossible to reach the boundries of our Universe, not now nor in a distant future, atleast not alive.

If not alive then how? Please elaborate...
(03-07-2011, 12:41 AM)XxX-Sniper-XxX Wrote: I think its infinite at least in human terms as we don't have a 100% fool proof way to get to anything past about the distance of the moon unless you send up preteens that will be old men when they get there.

Even still we haven't perfected any method to keep them alive that long... Let alone the psychological effects of it...
I like to believe more in the Expanding and contracting idea that is featured in KPAX. It makes sense, considering the possiblity of time travel and the possibility of fractures in time as suggested by Stephen Hawking. If you all have seen what am posting about then y'all might agree....
(03-07-2011, 12:35 AM)Pantomath Wrote: The universe is in an Constant loop, what's not there, gets the existence once it's shaped, imaginary or physically.
While the Universe expands, the border (if any) gets further and further away in both sences, space and time.
The end of the Universe is both in the Past as in the Future, once a life form is able to reacht he end, the border will already be moved further away.. therefore impossible to reach.

Don't bring up philosophical bullshit and type in filler to try and constitute an answer.

The energy is said to travel at the speed of light, if we're able to break that speed barrier, then yes, we will reach the end of the universe, even if it's still expanding.
It depends on what you define as the edge of the universe. I'd like to define it as "emptiness" where neither matter nor light has existed. Since light from the universe is moving outward forever, then that would mean the universe is constantly growing. In order for it to grow, there must be space to grow right? But then you get stuck on the definition of "space". I mean, who's to say that the universe is merely limited to three dimensional space? There's the possibility that there IS indeed an edge of space that could potentially be imperceptible to us without some rigorous, maybe impossible testing. Take for example, the mobius strip:

[Image: MobiusStripArcLength_1000.gif]

Imagine you were a 2-dimensional being on the surface of the mobius strip. You could walk forward along the surface as long as you'd like, but you'd always end up back where you started. It'd seem as if there's some invisible magical force bringing you back to where you started.

Now pop back out as a 3-dimensional being, and you can see that the 2-dimensional strip is curved in such a way to make it seem as if it goes on forever. What if this was the case for our 3-dimensional universe? We likely wouldn't know, especially in our lifetimes. I believe the 4D version of the mobius strip is the Klein bottle.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
This video mind fudged me. But yea space/universe is infinite. Keeps going and going expanding like a balloon if you get what I mean Tongue.
We will never know bro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot Access HF Due To "503" Infinite Redirect Loop Яichie 5 1,833 05-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Last Post: alonalon