Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classes to take?
Hey, i was wondering what some classes i should take in high school, im mostly wanting to go into compute related jobs, or fbi kind of stuff. i would love to work in the CIA / FBI but i know those chances arent very high. right now in 9th grade i am taking:

9th grade:
Spanish 1
Geometry
English
Civics / Economics
Physical science
East Lab 1
Meteorology
Oral communications

classes im thinking about taking in 10th grade:
honors Algebra 2
AP psychology / sociology
Honors computer business applications
Criminal Justice 1 Vo-tech (college credit) or computer engineering 1 vo-tech
English 2
Biology
Word history

classes im thinking about taking in eleventh grade:
AP statistics
Criminal justice 2 vo-tech or computer engineering vo-tech 2
AP Physics
English 3
Health / music history
Forensics(?)
ar history

classes im thinking about taking in twelfth:
computer engineering 1 vo-tech or computer engineering 3 vo-tech
desktop publishing 1
pe / ?
multimedia applications 1
business law 1
international relations 1

notice none of these are for sure. what do you think so far?

[Image: psychois21.png]
no one has any thoughts?
well, whats your interest for college?
I said my job interest is in the FBI or CIA college is computer science / law
Ok I would add:
  • public speaking
  • calculus
  • statistics
  • economics
  • accounting
  • management
Those are needed to get into most colleges.
(03-04-2011, 05:07 PM)ROCKST★R Wrote: Ok I would add:
  • public speaking
  • calculus
  • statistics
  • economics
  • accounting
  • management
Those are needed to get into most colleges.

i am doing pre cal, and statistics, i have done economics, and the other 2 i dont have enough periods to do.
Do some sort of business course, they are awesome to have.
Your choices seem good but if you want an interesting class, take Anthropology.

It's really good, but a lot of work. But you seem to do a lot of classes that take work anyway.
[Image: baked1.png]
You should take at least one psychology course (I'm not saying this just because it's my field, lol) if not a few different ones--I'm not sure what all psych classes your school offers, but for sure at least take at least one. It could come in handy if you hope to go into the CIA/FBI even if it is with computers. It's good to know about other people's behaviors, why they may preform such behaviors, how to prevent behaviors, etc. It's also a good thing to have under your belt because you learn A LOT about yourself and you're also often taught how to prevent yourself from burning out.

I think the classes you have picked out to potentially take will provide you with knowledge you'll need down the line in one way or another.
(03-08-2011, 08:35 AM)Somnium Shadow Wrote: You should take at least one psychology course (I'm not saying this just because it's my field, lol) if not a few different ones--I'm not sure what all psych classes your school offers, but for sure at least take at least one. It could come in handy if you hope to go into the CIA/FBI even if it is with computers. It's good to know about other people's behaviors, why they may preform such behaviors, how to prevent behaviors, etc. It's also a good thing to have under your belt because you learn A LOT about yourself and you're also often taught how to prevent yourself from burning out.

I think the classes you have picked out to potentially take will provide you with knowledge you'll need down the line in one way or another.

He is taking AP psychology / sociology in 10th grade.

(03-08-2011, 09:13 AM)ROCKST★R Wrote: He is taking AP psychology / sociology in 10th grade.

Actually, he didn't say that he was definitely taking AP psych/sociology. He said, "classes im thinking about taking in 10th grade." Hence why I made my statement encouraging that he take a psych course and multiple ones if possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spoken English Classes in Gurgaon luciferjonas007 0 531 02-05-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: luciferjonas007
  Why cant I pass my classes cgjopsephine 1 1,094 09-27-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: MurielBridges
  future career, and what classes your taking to get there? Psychosis 25 5,228 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Spectrum