Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Guns hobby (Not really emotional)
Hello again everyone, I haven't been on here for a while. Hope everyone is ok!

I've just come here to ask for a bit of advice about what to do with myself which may sound a bit peculiar.

Ever since a young age, I've been interested in guns and weaponry. I'm not sure why, I just like shooting targets. Lately, I've been wanting to get myself either an air rifle, paintball gun, bow and arrow, airsoft gun or a crossbow. I've taken a great interest in all of them, yet I can not pursue my interests. Why? Because of everyone around me.

I'm 17 and live with my girlfriend & her parents. They won't let me keep any of these at their house. I suggested to my mum about keeping one of them there if I bought one, yet she won't. The only reason is because they are either a gun or weapon. How closed minded is that, right? I've always been very responsible in the presence of a gun, I didn't even point a cap gun at anyone when I was a little kid. Anyway, after as much persuading as humanly possible from myself, no one will allow me to keep a gun in their house.

What should I do? It feels like everyone is trying to hold me back in something that I would love to develop my skills and knowledge. Some people enjoy football, others rugby, I like guns. Why is that so hard for them to realise.

(Please don't suggest moving out and getting my own place, I'm 17 and unemployed, I'm claiming no benefits so don't hate on me. Also joining a club is out of the question as the nearest one for each is at least 35 miles away and impossible for me to get to and from)
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Keep the gun at somebody's house, who you really trust.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(02-25-2011, 04:27 PM)NekoChan Wrote: Keep the gun at somebody's house, who you really trust.

Wouldn't really work, my best friend lives 18 miles away and he's probably the only person I would trust as he has his own guns. Thanks for the suggestion though!
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Family comes first.
Just dont get a gun until your old enough to be able to afford to go to a gun club and then keep the gun there.
Everyone wants things they can not have. They are called dreams or goals.
Im not saying never get one. Just not now. Clearly your loved ones dont want you to have one.
Your 17 mate. There adults. They may have a good reason for there decision.
Im not saying your going to do something wrong with it.
But if its not there then you cant do anything wrong with it.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Do you really have to keep a gun?
How about you forget about the gun and get a bong instead.

Make weed, not war!
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(02-25-2011, 06:39 PM)NekoChan Wrote: Make weed, not war!

??
Smoke Weed, Not war!
Or
Grow Weed, Not war!

To make it? Confuses me lol.

The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Emotional Support. Kewlz 12 1,304 08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Emotional Helper tool [free] Positive 12 1,560 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: NinJa_12
  Post Your Hobby... S1cKL3R 51 5,521 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Last Post: spY[3Mo]
  What do you drive? Car's are a hobby :D :pic heavy: CinNAMon 15 1,839 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Last Post: CinNAMon