Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vorbis of Ogg [Digital Painting]
Click for the larger version:
[Image: vorbisofogg1920.jpg]

Because of the way web browsers display images, this picture may not resemble the color quality of the PSD file.

This is a digital painting that I had the idea for while I was walking out of my drawing class at school.

As I was nearing my honors pre-calc class, this image just flashed in my mind: a gigantic equalizer on the horizon of the night sky in a surreal/serene environment. I immediately started doodling it into my notebook and knew it would be my next painting.

You may be wondering about the title. The funny thing is, about halfway through the sketched version in Photoshop, I had the strong feeling that it seemed familiar. I kept sketching, and then it hit me! It totally reminded me of Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz. And since the main subject was this giant audio equalizer, I decided to play on that inspiration with the title "The Vorbis of Ogg". Look up "ogg vorbis" on Wikipedia if you're still confused.

Also, if you'd like to see the PS sketch:
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Well i have to be honest. I Like it alot !
Wish i had the skill to "paint" like that.

Keep it up man !
[Image: dVtU9m]

::My GFX Service::
::Easy Highlights GFX Tutorial::
MSN+mail: raain@hackforums.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAMINK [Vector Painting] Deity 13 2,733 03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Toph
  Yet another picture of Omniscient [Vector Painting] Deity 8 2,037 07-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Last Post: aloneak
  Does this look like Omniscient? [Vector Painting] Deity 4 1,494 05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deity
  [Rate 1-10] Newest Digital Signature Resistance 25 3,059 06-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Sam
  A New Beginning (digital painting) JDBar 10 1,728 11-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JDBar