Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help, my brother is almost killing me
People who giving him advises to become violent, get a life.
OP you should not be violent and do not try to hit and harm you brother. After all he is your own blood. The only way to sort it out is, talk to your parents and your brother. Tell your brother how much you love him. It hurts when he get harsh on you. Talk to your parents about it. Tell them what you feel. Let them feel your pain.
Your brother seems to be an butthead.
(02-12-2011, 10:03 AM)Eve Wrote: Most families who have a violent individual are reluctant to go to the police for the reasons you mention: the family relationship, and the reluctance to draw attention. Your parents will probably try to reason with your brother rather than inform any external authority.

You are a minor who has been physically assaulted by your adult brother, and you have the right to report him to the police. File a statement at your local police station. This counts as a non-criminal record on your brother, and you will probably be given the option to file an intervention order against him. If he breaches it, he will risk getting arrested and getting a criminal record. It is more effective than a lock on your door, as the law will protect you from any further physical or emotional abuse from him.

Please visit a clinic, a hospital, or your school physician with your story. Your brother hurt you, and a health professional needs to attend to you as soon as possible.

I would have to disagree, simply from personal experience, the law is a reactive force, not preventative, he wil;l be out the same day and most likely angrier than ever.
First of all, never assume that your parent prefers one child over another. In almost all cases, this is not the truth. The reason you may feel this way, is due to the fact that your parent may not trust you as much as they do your brother. This is normal, as he is the eldest. I suggest you tell them that you need to talk with them, and ensure that they are aware of the fact that you are making the remark in a serious manner. If you act maturely and seriously, they will listen more attentively to what you have to say. From there, your parents should begin to take the appropriate actions to make sure that your brother never touches you again.

If not, you can always follow the advice of Eve and file a report. If it is a matter of your personal safety, you DO have the right to file a report against him. It's just a matter of whether or not this is as serious as it seems to be. It's your job to use your better judgment, and make the correct decision.

Good luck, and thanks for posting. I sincerely hope you are getting the answers you were looking for.
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(02-13-2011, 08:35 AM)Johnny Test Wrote: Your brother seems to be an butthead.

I agree; you need to lock him in the bathroom for an hour or so, to teach him a lesson...
He is a legal adult. You are a legal child. If an adult strikes a child in that manner it is considered child abuse. You should get the police involved, this is some pretty serious stuff. Yeah, it may be embarrassing, but at least you'll have your face intact when you're 20.
Have a calm conversation individually with your mum and dad. Think what you are going to say and how, try and push it to your side. Never try to justify your brother, otherwise they will basically not do anything. Be calm. Maybe do some yoga before you talk to them to make yourself ready, think about what they are going to ask and what are your comebacks. If you think it won't take you any where talk with someone outside your house that you trust and you think is mature, maybe someone like your grandmother or something, they will know what to do.
Call the police if it does keep happening, <snip> lock you doors, and stay your distance from him.
Im a bit outdated,do your parents know that he's "abusing" you?
(02-14-2011, 03:16 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I would have to disagree, simply from personal experience, the law is a reactive force, not preventative, he wil;l be out the same day and most likely angrier than ever.

Or hopefully, he will never assault you again.

My suggestion is to keep your distance from him, don't provoke him, and keep something to defend yourself with. Obviously you won't want to hit your brother with a baseball bat, but if it makes him back off then it's done it's job.

I would definitely talk to your parents about it too, you don't have to feel alone about it. Tell them that you are scared to be with him, and are concerned about your safety. If he does it again, call the police, it's better to stop it soon rather than later.
Life's a beach and I'm just playin' in the sand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't understand my brother UnderGroundMerlin 5 1,129 10-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  About my brother... Vexna 29 4,067 08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Bauer
  this is KILLING me! Reykjavik 7 1,108 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sockatobi
  This is killing me and driving me mad. ........ 7 1,717 03-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Ruyuk
  Gaming killing my relationships? Please help. iTz Realiity 54 17,855 03-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Ruyuk