Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Computer Information site
(02-05-2011, 05:53 PM)Fragma Wrote: It's not a malicious site at all.

It's not like they hack into your computer to pull all of your information out and then store it so they can use it against you lol.

It's just a web page that displays your information. Like Infinity said, there are plenty of sites like this all over the internet.

That's pretty much all it is, you summarized it better than I did

Extra Notes (Click to View)
This is pretty cool, but I've seen tons of sites like these.
(02-05-2011, 11:58 PM)Jay Wrote: This is pretty cool, but I've seen tons of sites like these.

Probably not with all the same information though. Lots of them are different with the information they 'retell' you
(02-05-2011, 05:23 PM)Infinity Wrote: Because it's in German? It's just like most of the more recognizable IP revealing sites. Nothing wrong about it

Nope it could be American, just for security reasons I wouldn't trust it for crap.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(02-07-2011, 07:12 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Nope it could be American, just for security reasons I wouldn't trust it for crap.

:S

The default language for the site is German. There's no security issues in revealing your computer's information to you through a simple script. They wouldn't be able to use your screen resolution against you or anything like that, and same with your IP really. That information can be revealed on ANY site. Google, Facebook, Myspace, msn, it's all the same.

If I wanted to get information from someones computer from a web script on my site that gets a %variable% and puts it into a database that I could view, I wouldn't make it visible to the person viewing my web page. I would get all that information in the background without displaying the %variable% as a string on the site's content.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAID Volumes [Information Guide 1] Sam 11 2,262 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Do they have something like GPU-z to give information about your processor? nevets04 7 2,292 01-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Dexdrex007