Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Computer Information site
https://www.ip-secrets.info/

Found this site a while ago, and thought it was a little interesting Smile

So to share this with you, it will find your IP, as well as other information using a built in javascript on the page to find things like your screen resolution and your color depth.

Others:
• Your OS
• Your current web browser in use
• More...

The only thing is that the site is in German. so you can use a translator, but you should be able to see what your IP is, and the original text of your OS and other things like that.

I'm posting this here, because it gives information about your system, and isn't entirely based on internet connectivity, or Microsoft support.
(02-03-2011, 07:44 PM)Infinity Wrote: https://www.ip-secrets.info/

Found this site a while ago, and thought it was a little interesting Smile

So to share this with you, it will find your IP, as well as other information using a built in javascript on the page to find things like your screen resolution and your color depth.

Others:
• Your OS
• Your current web browser in use
• More...

The only thing is that the site is in German. so you can use a translator, but you should be able to see what your IP is, and the original text of your OS and other things like that.

I'm posting this here, because it gives information about your system, and isn't entirely based on internet connectivity, or Microsoft support.

Creepy, but all of the information is correct.

Another quick tip for those Windows 7 users to find out more about your system is:
Windows Button + Pause Break Thumbsup
That's the basic stuff, if you learn JavaScript it will mostly be shown to you in the early steps, to explain you how JS can and cannot be used.

Just basic JavaScript possiblities.
(02-03-2011, 07:56 PM)Deltron Wrote: Creepy, but all of the information is correct.

Another quick tip for those Windows 7 users to find out more about your system is:
Windows Button + Pause Break Thumbsup

Or if you have an HP machine, they usually give you Ctrl + Alt + S for system information. But that gives you different information than what the site gives you.

(02-03-2011, 08:31 PM)Gaijin Wrote: That's the basic stuff, if you learn JavaScript it will mostly be shown to you in the early steps, to explain you how JS can and cannot be used.

Just basic JavaScript possiblities.

I know it can be done in javascript, and is very basic, because you can use the information to determine other codes to execute if you are a java programmer. For the average person out there though, lots of people don't know everything about javascript, and this is a good alternative. I could have posted this in the programming forum area, but it's not necessary because I wasn't going to go into how it gets all that information.

I don't work with Javascript as often as C++, perl, asp, and others, but you're right. Smile

This is same as danasoft's site, but still it creeps me out everytime i visit site such as this one. It also showed the correct information for me.

~J4mmy
[Image: siggp.png]
(02-04-2011, 12:53 PM)J4mmy Wrote: This is same as danasoft's site, but still it creeps me out everytime i visit site such as this one. It also showed the correct information for me.

~J4mmy

Simple javascript, and php, I know they use javascript here because it says on the page lol. But it is interesting to see what information can be revealed through simple website scripts.

This is just one of the main pages for bookmarks I believe that I got with SRWare Iron.
No offense but I don't like that site nor trust it personally.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
I oughta get a good proxy. To prevent this sort of thing.
(02-05-2011, 02:06 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: No offense but I don't like that site nor trust it personally.

Because it's in German? It's just like most of the more recognizable IP revealing sites. Nothing wrong about it
It's not a malicious site at all.

It's not like they hack into your computer to pull all of your information out and then store it so they can use it against you lol.

It's just a web page that displays your information. Like Infinity said, there are plenty of sites like this all over the internet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAID Volumes [Information Guide 1] Sam 11 2,258 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Do they have something like GPU-z to give information about your processor? nevets04 7 2,292 01-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Dexdrex007