Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to Dedi?
It does not have anything to do with FTW or any other sites i own. Far from it.
Its a future project me and a mate have in mind which if successful would generate money.
Given the fact i already own several domains and so does he and combined with our future project then i think its needed.
Thanks for the input everybody Smile Much appreciated.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

You should wait until you have an actual need for a server before you get one. As Omni said, it's a lot more trouble than it's worth most of the time, and if you don't need it you can save money by not getting one.

Performance loss going to a VPS is a given. But, the reason they are there is for people that aren't quite ready for a dedi, but, have outgrown shared servers. Generally if your forum isn't running 40 active members AT THE SAME TIME you will have no reason to leave shared hosting.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Thought i would update this thread for the hell of it. Bored really. Not much going on currently.
Well i ended up using largely Omni's advice and used hostgator. But instead of a VPS or Dedi i went Reseller.
Transfer of data from My connection to the server is shocking. I could honestly not backup the entire contents of the server to my pc. Too big and the server over FTP is too slow. Prob because of some factors i am unaware of.
But other than that i must admit its been a bloody good service.
Seriously guys. I hate the speed. I really do. But i have to factor in that i am in Australia but still!!
But the service is exceptional. Quality unit. Thankyou Omni. Really mate. Great advice for someone like me.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I'm running with a couple HG shared account right now, about to move over to a reseller as well. It's nice, they have their own separate cPanels for that incase they outgrow the shared environment, you can just move them over to a VPS/Dedi.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I thought a dedicated server costs about $100-5K.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrade Option Rуan 5 854 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Rуan
  When is the time to upgrade? Xenon 1 581 04-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity