Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flash website
I tried to build a website in adobe flash. My website should be a bit like THIS one ( the part after the loading screen).

But i can't get it to work. This is the first time i use adobe flash professional to create a website. I did some tutorials on creating simple websites & I thought it would be easy to build a site like that but erhhmm, i guess i was wrong Smile. I tried to decompile the swf with sothink SWF to firgure out how it is working, but again i thought it would be easier...

Is there anyone who knows a good tutorial on how to create a website that look's a bit like the one i'm trying to recreate? Or is there anyone who is willing to recreate it for me?

A tutorial would be the best option, i would like to learn how to build flash websites...

Thx! Thumbsup
This isn't a easy task, as you might have noticed, if you have enough money to pay me I could recreate it. The price would be over 300 dollars

As for a tutorial you won't get that much help you will need time to learn ActionScripting and Animation.
http://www.tutorialized.com

So you can start learning now and in one years perhaps you can do it, or you find a pro who will rob you!
(10-15-2009, 12:37 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: This isn't a easy task, as you might have noticed, if you have enough money to pay me I could recreate it. The price would be over 300 dollars

As for a tutorial you won't get that much help you will need time to learn ActionScripting and Animation.
http://www.tutorialized.com

So you can start learning now and in one years perhaps you can do it, or you find a pro who will rob you!

ehh i just turned 18 , there is no way i can get 300 $ Tongue
I will learn actionscripting & animation i think. Thanks for the site !!Smile
(10-15-2009, 12:58 AM)ThaDunky Wrote: ehh i just turned 18 , there is no way i can get 300 $ Tongue
I will learn actionscripting & animation i think. Thanks for the site !!Smile

And I wouldn't recommend you to give 300+ $ for a flash website.
May I instead point you into another direction which is called Ajax.
It's easy to learn and it does the Job, it won't ba an animated site as a flash one but it's much better
(10-15-2009, 12:58 AM)ThaDunky Wrote: ehh i just turned 18 , there is no way i can get 300 $ Tongue
$300 wont buy you much of a flash website either. I generally steer my clients away from Flash, not only is it a lot of stuffing around but it is bad for SEO (unless you have an alternate non-flash site) and it is useless if the visitor doesn't have flash installed.

I suggest trying to achieve something similar with HTML/CSS and maybe Javascript/AJAX.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
(10-15-2009, 01:38 AM)Tim Wrote: $300 wont buy you much of a flash website either. I generally steer my clients away from Flash, not only is it a lot of stuffing around but it is bad for SEO (unless you have an alternate non-flash site) and it is useless if the visitor doesn't have flash installed.

I suggest trying to achieve something similar with HTML/CSS and maybe Javascript/AJAX.

Quote for truth!

btw the 300$ was the price I would take.
Flash websites are min. 300$
The load time for me was shocking on that site.
As for creating it. I think an offer of $300 is a great offer mate. I play a little with flash and know the work involved to do such a job.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-15-2009, 02:05 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: The load time for me was shocking on that site.
As for creating it. I think an offer of $300 is a great offer mate. I play a little with flash and know the work involved to do such a job.

Yeah well we are here to help not to rob people.
I belive that you know enough but it's not that that counts actually the site can be done pretty fast, so why is it so expensive...
Because you will need a lot of work to make it load fast enough, which as you stated they didn't do...

To improve the animations so that people can see them acctually move not jump.. and so on and on.
To make something like that it would take myself perhaps 8 hrs or more even. Depends on the content and what your requirements would be.
I dont suggest it will take that long for others. Perhas more perhaps less. But the fact is there offering loads of there time to create something. So a cost must be involved.
Perhaps try learn a little about flash. Then ask questions here and you may find this a better method.
That way you actually know whats going on and it allows you to grow on your knowlage.
Flash is great fun to play with. Its actually my favorite tool. Well worth playing with i say, and if seo is not an issue for you. Even then if your crafty you can put flash inside a page well enough to inclued seo tactics. Static text and whatnot.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

What most of the people in this thread don't understand is the typical Flash website goes for $3500-$5000 in the most simple form, and only goes up from there. I used to partner with a guy that was a Flash designer, wouldn't take him too, too long, but, it was expensive.

But, that is for a professional flash designer that earns his living off designing flash websites, not from a couple people on a forum.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I want to start a flash game website. Bill Nye The Science Guy 6 1,241 03-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  Wordpress flash plugin NekoChan 1 735 01-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Last Post: NekoChan
  10 Flash Templates Activeden XML V3 Exalboz 4 1,649 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  A way for your website to be successful WEBSITE TRAFFIC!! utubeboosterr 2 2,049 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Relapse
  Redirecting non flash supported people kaosjon 2 804 07-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Last Post: djakariuz