Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you support capital punishment?
I support it for certain crimes as well. Like the guy that had J.C Dugard for 18 years, he should get death. And his wife should get 10 years for every year they had that girl. Murder deserves it depending on how severe and other things vary.
[Image: 2T1p.gif] Click me!
(10-15-2009, 05:13 AM)Alowishus Wrote: I support it for certain crimes as well. Like the guy that had J.C Dugard for 18 years, he should get death. And his wife should get 10 years for every year they had that girl. Murder deserves it depending on how severe and other things vary.

Wrong.

No, i think death is a cop out. Torture on the other hand Devlish
To be honest i think everyone plays a part in this mysterious world. It's like clock work, everything happens for a reason. Everyone plays their part, even murderer's. I think it can be dealt with in other ways, usually the people committing these hanus acts are people that were abused themselves, uneducated, or suffer some form of a mental illness. Rehabilitation, education among other things, depending on the situation and the person/s at hand is always a better option. You never know where your life will lead you, and i certainly don't want to be on death row some day for a crime i didn't commit, has happened in the past and will most likely happen again.

Death Penalty = 100% no from me.

You can't play God. If you execute someone, your just as bad as they are. It's still murder.

(10-15-2009, 03:40 AM)Tim Wrote: The poor family thing, you don't get capital punishment for stealing food (in most developed countries any way).

Nono I was talking about terrorism - some of them die so that their families will live comfortably. Example is the attack on Oberoi and the Taj Hotel at Mumbai on 26th November 2008. The prime accused Qasab commited the crime so that his family would be given about $2500.
I hope he doesn't get a death sentence. Couldn't help admiring his complete lack of fear. Reminded me of the movie One Man Army.
It's so depressing to see young people like him killing people.
I'm from Texas, what do you think?

And to people that think housing an inmate for 40 years is cheaper than just executing them, it's not. Not by a long shot. The average inmate sentenced to life in prison will cost the government about 150k to keep or so. To execute someone can cost upwards to 20 million dollars, at least in the US. Why? There are these little pesky annoying things called appeals. Each appeal costs money. And nearly every state requires at least one appeal be heard for a person sentenced to death.

I support the death penalty 100% for premeditated murder. That is it. The punishment must fit the crime. Castrating someone for rape does not fit the crime, sorrry. It is cruel and unusual punishment. Terminating someone's life is not to be taken lightly and should be reserved for certain instances of murder, premeditated murder only, treason the resulted in the loss of life, and acts of terrorism (which, what do you know, fall under premeditated murder).
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I have to say I do, but only in a perfect world where there could be no miscarriages of justice. The problem is, there is only rarely cases when you can be 100% sure of who did it, and in a lot of them the person would plead guilty.

I think their should be capital punishment for a lot of things (Murder, rape, ect.) But it is often hard to apply the law right. For me it raises the follow questions:

Can you kill someone who pleaded guilty?
What if they have a mental illness? (I mean, anyone who could rape an innocent young girl must)
How can you be sure you have arrested/will kill the right person?
Can people be killed for murder if it was a crime of passion? (Eg. walk in on your wife with another man and kill him.)
[Image: Lj]
(10-15-2009, 09:06 AM)Vorfin Wrote: Can you kill someone who pleaded guilty?
What if they have a mental illness? (I mean, anyone who could rape an innocent young girl must)
How can you be sure you have arrested/will kill the right person?
Can people be killed for murder if it was a crime of passion? (Eg. walk in on your wife with another man and kill him.)

1. Normally not, that's how many people avoid the death penalty. When you plea guilty, there is usually some sort of plea agreement. Usually life in prison instead of death.
2. There is only one legal insanity plea (at least in Tx) and that is you did not know what you were doing was actually wrong.
3. I believe unless their is DNA evidence, then life in prison without the possibility of parole is a much better option.
4. In most states, there are laws surrounding crimes of passion. In the state of Texas you have a roughly 3 hour period from time of discovery until the act occurs for it to be considered a crime of passion and you usually will not be indicted.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I think yes, in some situations.
[Image: jcXtui.png]