Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DownCheck.com
I just bought this site and domain hoping to make a service similar to downforeveryoneorjustme.com but with a much shorter and hopefully memorable name.

I'll probably do some redesigning and feature adding. I think advertising it at sites like HF, SF, and Central are going to help it a lot and hopefully be one of my best static sites. I consider any site that requires no updates to be static. Unsure

Downcheck.com is the domain in case you didn't catch that in the thread title.

Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I'll keep an eye on it.
(11-23-2010, 08:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Alright, did the 'Support' get removed from SupportForums?
You're not a good Emotional Helper.
Cant see why it wouldnt do well.
Good luck.
[Image: 2dkepur.jpg]
Your girlfriend thinks I'm handsome.
Awesome, I'll check it out!
Sweet cant wait to check it out..
You're the man omni. Rock those seo searches. I hate using Google to find the current website for that and downcheck is so memorable.
Great idea, I use dowforeveryoneorjustme quite allot but in the begining I forgot the name and it was complicated to find. I think with a nice simple, clean design combined with this domain and you'll no doubt start something great.

Static is the correct world I believe, I would say stand-alone.
Really good idea. downforeveryoneorjustme.com is a pain in the ass to write. x] Ill also keep an eyes on it!

just checked it out...and if you enter a non-existent domain it'll link you to godaddy with omni's ref link.

Genius.
Actually that's not my ref link. I bought this site with the script and I'm totally redoing it. I'll be adding a very cool Advanced Check which will grab more data to display like DNS and IPs. I may do a redesign with a dark background just to contrast DC from other similar sites. But the goal will be a clean layout.

I like little projects like this. I can work on them a couple days then let them out into the wild to grow. I have a number of site that make good yearly income and require no maintenance. I expect that from this site too.

And with places to advertise it immediately like SF, HF, MyBB, and Central. It will surely do well.

See..that's key. I use tools already at my disposal to grow new projects. I'm more likely to buy a site with built-in traffic than buy advertising. There are lots of smaller sites you can get for a couple hundred that for it's lifetime will be a traffic source. HF would be nowhere if it wasn't for a $40 site I bought. That's the truth.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.