Support Forums

Full Version: DownCheck.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I just bought this site and domain hoping to make a service similar to downforeveryoneorjustme.com but with a much shorter and hopefully memorable name.

I'll probably do some redesigning and feature adding. I think advertising it at sites like HF, SF, and Central are going to help it a lot and hopefully be one of my best static sites. I consider any site that requires no updates to be static. Unsure

Downcheck.com is the domain in case you didn't catch that in the thread title.

I'll keep an eye on it.
Cant see why it wouldnt do well.
Good luck.
Awesome, I'll check it out!
Sweet cant wait to check it out..
You're the man omni. Rock those seo searches. I hate using Google to find the current website for that and downcheck is so memorable.
Great idea, I use dowforeveryoneorjustme quite allot but in the begining I forgot the name and it was complicated to find. I think with a nice simple, clean design combined with this domain and you'll no doubt start something great.

Static is the correct world I believe, I would say stand-alone.
Really good idea. downforeveryoneorjustme.com is a pain in the ass to write. x] Ill also keep an eyes on it!

just checked it out...and if you enter a non-existent domain it'll link you to godaddy with omni's ref link.

Genius.
Actually that's not my ref link. I bought this site with the script and I'm totally redoing it. I'll be adding a very cool Advanced Check which will grab more data to display like DNS and IPs. I may do a redesign with a dark background just to contrast DC from other similar sites. But the goal will be a clean layout.

I like little projects like this. I can work on them a couple days then let them out into the wild to grow. I have a number of site that make good yearly income and require no maintenance. I expect that from this site too.

And with places to advertise it immediately like SF, HF, MyBB, and Central. It will surely do well.

See..that's key. I use tools already at my disposal to grow new projects. I'm more likely to buy a site with built-in traffic than buy advertising. There are lots of smaller sites you can get for a couple hundred that for it's lifetime will be a traffic source. HF would be nowhere if it wasn't for a $40 site I bought. That's the truth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8